ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

What type or riding gear do you wear?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2000, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering what type of riding gear everyone wears? Fox, Moose, AXO, Thor, etc. I am talking about the boots, chest protector, shirts, pants, gloves. I was wondering because I've never owned any of these, so I don't have the first clue what to look for. I am going to be using it for racing and the occasion recreation riding. Any info would be very appreciated.

Steven
99 400EX

Old 01-31-2000, 11:05 PM
Range Rover

I bought a package deal from Chapparel on the Ocelot apperal. It came with boots, gloves, shirt, and pants. All this for around $160. Not to bad. As for helmets, that really depends on how much you want to spend. You can get a pretty decent helmet for around $150-200.Check your local shop on package deals. The Troylee designs and NoFear apperral are really cool, but also really eepensive.

Old 01-31-2000, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

Fox every thing, exept goggles, they don't make goggles. There helments are awsome.

Old 02-01-2000, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

I wear the Thor "Flow" jersey and pants. Thor aftershock chest protector. Fox boots. And I wear the HJC helmet.

87 Banshee
99 Banshee

Old 02-01-2000, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FOX gear alpine stars tech 5s smiths with roll offs and an hjc helment and i am buying a chest protecter because those rocks really leave some welts on your chest when having roost wars

Old 02-01-2000, 01:50 PM
Trailblazer

I wear - Fox O2 Jersey, Fox 360 Pants, Alpinestar M4 boots, Fox Gloves, Fox chest protector and kidney belt, and an HJC helmet until I can afford the Shoei.

http://members.xoom.com/TheATVPit

------------------
Tim Thibodaux

Old 02-01-2000, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer

I wear Thor "Flow" jersey and gloves, LBZ freeride pants, HJC helmet with a Troy Lee visor (alloy color-very nice), Scott goggles, and maybe some real riding boots and a chest protector in the future (don't know what kind to get yet). I only got the new visor because I destroyed my old one when I flipped my old quad over the front onto me, its kinda expensive, $24 i think.

Trending Topics

Old 02-01-2000, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

I wear Fox everything and Scott Goggles. The Fox stuff rocks!

Old 02-01-2000, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

For Christmas, I asked for Fox gear. I got an RS jersey, 180 pants and Tracker boots. The boots are on the way, but I hated the pants and like the jersey. The 180 pants sucked. They had a half-length liner and it was very uncomfortable where the liner ended. I couldn't stand it so I sent them back. The jersey is great. I wore it last weekend when I was in Glamis, and is was perfect. It was fine for warm afternoon rides and cool morning rides. I'll let you know how I like the boots when I get them. If I did it over again, I would have asked for Thor Core gear and Alpinestar boots.

Old 02-01-2000, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As someone who is recovering from a head- on crash on my Warrior with a kawasaki dirt bike just 3 weeks ago, I can tell you what saved my life. At the time of the crash we both were running between 30-40 mph. I don't remember the actual impact & was unconcious for an unknown amount of time, but I was wearing a Shoei helmet, HRP Flash Jak chest protector (http://www.hrpsports.com/ ), Moose Trophy gloves, Sidi flex boots, & Moose motocross pants. I also have a Acerbis Zoom chest protector which I have worn for years & like it for the kidney guards it has. No other brand that I know of has this feature. I like the HRP equally well as it is made of Lexan & saved me from serious chest injury in my get-off. I managed to come out of it with a broken scapula, an internal skull bleed, multiple cuts & abrasions, all of which would have been much more serious wereit not for top flight gear, especially the helmet. In my opinion the Shoei or the Arai are the best helmets one can buy. They are also the most costly, but until we are able to get a head transplant, they are the best insurance. Of course whenever one takes a hard hit on any helmet, that's the end of the protection from it.The interior of the skid lid is designed to crush & not return to original condition, so I guess I'll need another $400 head ornament whenever I'm able to ride again.
Hope this gives you some ideas of what gear is good.
Cal
Save your public lands FOR you, not FROM you...join the Blue Ribbon Coalition on line @:
www.sharetrails.org

Quick Reply: What type or riding gear do you wear?