ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Info on racing MX

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on racing MX

I dont know... My parents bought me mine for christmas last year.... I used to ride a Trinity built Drag Banshee..... Still got it but selling it cuz id rather ride my 450 over it anyday.

Old 11-17-2004, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

damn, i wish my parents would spend 7 thou on me for christmas, i had to buy all my quad stuff

Old 11-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got very lucky with that one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hehehe.... I paid 7700 OTD for mine in california. I also have some nice mods to it to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2004, 12:06 AM
Trailblazer

motocrosstracks.com click on state u live in and it will tell where ever mx or sx racetrack is, if it is registed

Old 11-18-2004, 12:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanx Man....

Old 11-18-2004, 04:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Quads for Atwater , P.A.L organization running it,i'm sure you have to have nerfs,killswicth,plates 10 acres of differant tracks,we race flat track in Chowchilla 1/8 mile track on Saturday,I can tell you who to get a hold of for more info but I don't think I can put it on here ,you have any info on the track in Tulare ?when they race and what kind of track it is?

Old 11-18-2004, 01:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Umm.... I know that they have a MX track there and a TT track but they dont like the quads ride the mx track i believe. The TT is cool i think its got 2 nice sweeping turns and a few titght turns and straight aways. I think they practice on Tuesday nights and race saturday nights if im not mistaken. I can try to find out where the flyer is but i dont remember where i put it. My e-mail is down4bmx@hotmail.com if u keep reminding me till i send it to u i can find it for it. I think its called Tulare CyclePark. you may beable to get the number from the phone book or 411. E-mail me some info on Atwater track please. How old are you? and maybe we can meet up at the track sometime. Hope this info helps.

Old 11-21-2004, 12:25 AM
Trailblazer

You are interested in racing MX - I've been racing MX for some time now in the central / northern California area. I see that you have a 450- That is good because if you want to be competitive you will need it. In most MX tracks around here you have a short hole-shot and need something fast off the start. For heavy Mx use- (jumps and whoops) you may want to think about some after-market parts- especially the swing-arm - the stock ones seem to break heavy MX racing on the 450's.

As for places to ride - to get a feel of the MX racing - go to any of the regional tracks and ride the dirt bike set-ups. Some do not let you on them, Hollister and Carneigie is two that don't but they do have an ATV tracks, they don't have any large jumps or whoops sections though - You can ride on the dirt bike track at La Grange, It isn't normally groomed unless there was a race on it, which is very seldom and it can be very hard and rocky when dry and slippery like goose snot when wet -

For web pages hit -www.cmcmotorcross.com -Golden State MX Nationals Southern and Northern divisions, www.cmaracing.com - Anaheim Express Series 10/22-12/5, www.mutantmotorsports.com - they are finishing their final series of the year.

AMP puts two on in the summer at the Turlock Fair and Merced or Madera fair -

Also - Little Okie and Madera MX fair track is open for quad Practices during the week - I don't know if they run that schedule during the fall- you will have to check with CMA-

As for others check the ATVA web page it is part of AMA - there you can look up local races and info on the Big 6, So Ca, BITD (best in the desert) and WORCS

I don't know how old you are- but if you are under 16 some organizations will not let you ride anything over a 290cc I believe - You will have to check with each one - I know ATVA won't.

good luck to you and get lots of practice prior to your first race -

Old 11-21-2004, 12:35 AM
Trailblazer

Oh by the way I forgot to mention - a bunch of riders are going to Atwater tomarrow 11-21- I haven' been there in a couple of weeks- when I went,we went to check it out because one of our riders knows the owner- He had only a couple flat tracks on it then- I went into Mid-Cal racing in Modesto this week and they said it now has a few small hills and a sand drag set up- It isn't true sand but the dirt is so fine that it is like sand - they said that they were going to bring in sand real soon.

I don't know if I'll be there or not- I am putting my bike back together from gusseting it and powder-coating - I wanted to race this weekend in Marysville, but I didn't get it back from the shop in time-

Old 11-21-2004, 12:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Wow.... Thanx alot for all the info. That was very helpful.. Yeh I will be getting a Aftermarket Sus. and etc just because i have heard the stock swing arms and kidna crappy for mx and ill probably just do the front end while im at it. But thanx alot for all the info. that is very helpful!.

Thanx, Cody

Quick Reply: Info on racing MX