ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Sometimes I really get MAD

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sometimes I really get MAD

I want to start racing Mx but my mom wont let me. I have my own money to buy a used quad and everything my dad said its okay. She said it is because I might get hurt and I said you can get hurt by walking out the front door in the morning. I have done a little racing on tracks(non organized) that she doesnt know about and I do understand the dangers and have been to many races but I still cant convince her to let me race any advice would be useful.

Old 06-24-2004, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

say somthing like, "well would you rather me go do drugs everyday, atving is a healthy sport" i dunno it might work.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

Ill try it thanks

Old 06-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

Trust me son, whether it’s your mother or your wife, you wont win this argument. You may think you've won, but soon you'll get tired of the bitching, nagging, fights about money and say the hell with it. You'd probably be better of taking up something like underwater basket weaving.

Old 06-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Tried the drugs thang and it didnt work and I said well if you wont let me do it now I will do it when I move out and she said ok do whatever you want when you move out. OH well guess I got time to save up

Old 06-28-2004, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

Threats aren't usually the best way to come to a compromise.Ask your mother to go to some races and see whats involved.Show her all the protective gear you would be wearing and reassure her you would be careful.It sounds like your in for a tough battle though.

Old 06-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

Tell her "Would you rather have my stuck under my really heavy utility quad, or a really light sport quad?"

You can even tell her the actual weights, I did not know how much the p360, or what quad you want to get weighed.

Old 06-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Trailblazer

do NOT bring up worst case scenarios...baaaaad idea...i had to talk both of my parents into racing also..so my job is to bring home good grades and if they drop, i dont get to race a few races...and dont bring up 'wut if's' at all...radfast had a good thought process going, but dont show the danger of the sport......but everybody who races should know AND understand the responsibility and the possibilities of crashes and injuries

Old 06-29-2004, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

I did the saftey equipment thang and she said it costs alot of money to start that stuff and I told her I was paying for everythang. Then she paused for a minute and I said so maybe and she said we'll see. Now I got alot of saving up to do. It aint a sure thing yet but maybe.

Old 07-01-2004, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

Do you guys know of any ways to get money fast no loans or anything like that just something that is easy to earn money. I already have a job so but it will take a while to earn the money.