ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Best tires for dirt drags

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best tires for dirt drags

Wich is a better tire for dirt drag racing, the holeshot type tread or a tire with a tread pattern like the snow tires. I think theyre called 4-snow, or something.

Old 08-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

pro wedge 2 would be probably be the best.

Old 08-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

i think hoosier makes a tire than u can customize. i saw it on some car show on TV. like, u need this tool, kinda like a nibler for cuttin sheet metal, and u can cut whatever tread design u want into it. seemed kinda kool.

Old 08-22-2004, 07:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Depends on the dirt. If its a hard pack you can run a pro wedge 1 or a pro wedge 2. A 4-sno is simular. If its loose dirt you need to run a skat trak SLS hauler. The choice on which wedge to run depends on how much power your putting down as the tread is more aggresive on one of them

Old 08-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

The dirt is loose, soft but heavy. Wheres a good place to see the skat track sls tire?
How about these skat trac tires that have a "ladder" tread pattern to them, are these any good?

Old 08-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Range Rover

I agree with everything dabeechman said. Plus the pro wedge is cool because it grows like a top fuel drag tire, thus you can run lower gearing to get out of the hole better... and as the tire grows you will have more and more top end. Better have some pretty decent power though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-26-2004, 06:30 AM
Range Rover

If you are looking for tires for your type of bike that is close to stock and will be your everyday use tires look into radial ohtsu tires (like on my bike and one pic of my brother's banshee(in file with paint pics) at this link---> http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/wildcatkit52 <-- on 8" wheels. After that if you have plenty of power then you will have many types of tires and gears for different tracks and conditions. In the link about you will find one pic of my R, (will have more when I get them from messed up hard drive, this is my uncle's old bike that was rebuilt in the past couple years. It has been in ATV Action in an article covering Little Saharra in Oklahoma) and the other R is the newer big brother to mine... Fresh built from the ground up and fast as hell... It is wearing 4 sno rears. One thing about these tires other than the balloon effect, you can mount them backward on the rim if conditions call for a little less bite than mounted as directed.

Old 08-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran my 4.79 on a Dunlop radial tire. Let em down to about 1.5lbs and let em eat. I have a pic of my wife's R about half track (in front of a Banshee[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) and the radials were squished about in half at the bottom.

Old 08-28-2004, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

Could someone give me a good site to see these tires? Where I can look up sizes and such? Rocky mountain/ no carry, recreation tire/no carry.
My bike should be makin around 70-75 hp maybe 80 on alky (hopefully)
The thing is, im running these 22" holeshot xcr's on 190s and they weigh 25 lbs each!
Gotta make a move here
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2004, 03:11 AM
Range Rover

I know the "4 snows" are available through parts unlimited. The "pro wedge tire" is an ohtsu tire that is I belive a honda part number. I get them from my local dealer. They are both relatively light for being a 22" tire and have a 2 ply casing.

Quick Reply: Best tires for dirt drags