ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Theres a new racing quad coming......really!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 11:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Theres a new racing quad coming......really!

I found out about a new quad being developed currently. Theres no release date and I havent seen a prototype since 2 years ago.. I have proof. Can anyone guess? Especially you, knowsalot.

Old 02-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

There was a high dollar (15K) prototype about 2 years ago at the Indy dealer show that had been sponsored by (I think) Maxxis tire. Nothing else was said about it. The proto was even tested by a magazine and they loved it. Well I recently came across proof that it will be made. Hopefully the price will be a lot lower. C'mon guys no guesses?

Old 02-28-2005, 01:43 PM
The Facility

I don't go to the Indy trade show but every couple of years because it is usually the same old song and dance to me.

BUT....I am going to go on a limb here and say it's the VOR because I remember someone sending me some pics from the show that year and one was displayed. (I didn't attend that year).

I was going to guess that you were referring to the '07 KTM models at first, but I know they were never at the Indy show because they are still keeping that on the down low at the moment and just giving bits of info out at a time to the dealers to get the word out that they are indeed coming...and they haven't officially recognized the quad's existence until about a month ago.
1 mxer model and 2 cross country models and all are four strokes.
(By the way, they are the parent company of Husaberg...who brought out the Enforcer 400 and 600 a few years back. The new KTM quads are unrelated to the old Husaberg models)

Patrick

Old 02-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Your knowledge is truly admirable,knowsalot. However the quads I am refering to is indeed the KTM. Here is one of two help wanted posts on the ktmusa.com web site. The VOR quad was at indy 2 years ago and was rummered to be around 15 grand. I think that its future may depend upon the success of the bikes. The ktm proto was there last year I think. When I spoke to KTM on the phone they seemed surprised that I knew about the quad. But when I mentioned the job postings,they said "oh,yeah". Anyway here is the ad. Talk about a dream job.... All nexcept the part about living in the Cleveland area and traveling alot.

ENGINEER FOR ATV-CHASSIS-DEVELOPMENT (M/F)

Area of Activity:

- working on the chassis development of KTM all terrain vehicles
- realization of experimental work, construction, maintenance and evaluation of test apparatus including analysis of testing results
- provide recommendations for further development and optimisation
- co operation with production and purchasing department as well as suppliers and external development partners

Job specification:

- extensive experience in chassis-development (quad, automotive or cart)
- ability to utilise MS Office is essential
- fluent in English and German as a minimum
- strong interest in motorcycles is helpful
- above average engagement and readiness to work overtime
- potential for frequent extended overseas business travel

We offer you:

- possibility to work for with one of the most successful motorcycle companies
- a diversified and challenging international job in the motorcycle industry
- a modern working environment in a dynamic surrounding

We look forward to receiving your written application to the following address. Please include your earliest date of availability and your desired yearly net-salary.

KTM-Sportmotorcycle AG, zH Herrn Mag. Walter Kremser
Stallhofner Straße 3, A-5230 Mattighofen
walter.kremser@ktm.at
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2005, 09:52 PM
The Facility

newzboynow,......What do I win!!?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I think the new KTM quads are going to shake up the entire industry if they put half the effort in the quads as they do their bikes.

I believe that job ad is for a position at the plant in Austria though because KTM has nothing in the US but storage warehouses, a parts warehouse, and a warranty department that does minor tinkering. They have no manufacturing facilities here at all.....so unless they plan to build one soon for building the ATVs....that job is in Austria. However, the talk about oversea travel makes it seem that it is located in the U.S......but then why is speaking German mandatory??? Very interesting..LOL
I wonder who within our industry has jumped aboard so far??

Patrick

Old 03-01-2005, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

kinda old news, saw a post about it over a month ago on another site.... if they're looking for engineers now, they won't have anything concrete for some time.... a real prototype of thier own design takes some time, add R & D, not to mention setting up production faciilities and suppliers.

sounds like a dream job for someone.