ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

TCS Owners Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2000, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am gonna order some TCS SCS Front shocks for my R. Please tell me how they do on big stuff, little stuff, whoops, etc.... Thanx

Old 12-15-2000, 08:24 PM
Range Rover

I have only raced with mine once since I got them back. I was not disappointed. THey are well worth the money. Even with no dial in time they felt great. Todd is one of the nicest people in the industry also. He really took great care of me. Good luck!

Old 12-16-2000, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

all i can say about my TCS shocks is WOW!!! their awesoom averywhere. there awesoom anywhere from doubles, whoops, tabletops, singles. ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE. you won't be diappointed

Old 12-18-2000, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

I have them on my R as well. Love those TCS shocks. I found the fronts to be set up a little stiff out of the box. I lowered the compression a little and found them to be great.

As for whoops, I have heard that the faster you go through them, the better the shocks will work. I have only raced a few times on them, and would have to agree here.

Small jumps, don’t notice them anymore. The shocks make the smaller jumps become “non issue.”

Turning is awesome. I am still slowing down too much for the turns.

Big jumps, are very smooth. One thing that I like about the shocks is the safety factor. Especially when coming up short on a double. Here is the example. I was at Jack Frost the other weekend. There is a double jump about 10-15 feet long. I knew I could make this double, but I was still hesitant. Eventually I conquered my fear, but one time the TCS shocks showed me how good they really were. On this one attempt, I decided to go for it, then changed my mind, only to realize that I had too much speed to just single it. So I hit the gas again. But now I did not have enough speed to make it. I was heading for the face of the double. I braced myself for the impact, but none came. The front shocks soaked up the entire hit! No hitting my face on the handlebars. No stinging pain in the wrists. Nothing.

When landing a jump correctly, your shocks should not be working very hard. But on the rare occasion of “manliness shrinkage” the shocks come through with flying colors.

Overall, worth every penny and you will love them.