ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Help with track please!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with track please!!

Ok i just bought 5 acres and i am wanting to build a track on it.. MX track.. but i dont want it to be some rinky-dink thing.. I want it to be nice.. I have a bobcat and bull dozer.... so building it wont be that hard.. I need a good track geomerty... angle of jumps and how my landings should be angled.. (take-off) (lift) (distance) Its 2 lanes wide in all parts b/c its going to be a fourwheeler only track.. I want big jumps and rithem sections and eveything a pro track would have.. I hope this made sence to everyone who reads this if not just as my to clarify any part.. Any help would be apprecated Im hoping to start the build in about a month or 2

Old 03-18-2007, 09:55 PM
Trailblazer

I have worked on a few tracks. Since you have a goodsized area, make it fast and smooth, but long jumps it is much nicer than that supercross style meant for bikes. If you are in any type of hills use them to ur advantage as take offs or landings. When constucting the jumps i always use hard clay type dirt as a base and then throw a layer of topsoil on the top, this keeps it a little better from washouts and sometimes ruts. We have got backhoe and dug deep in certain spots to get clay, this makes a good play area for ur 4X4 buddies, then we go to the bush or river flats for topsoil. Latley when building large jumps I make table tops, then I practise on them untill im confidant I can clear them. Then I get the loader and dig out the middle and use it for other jumps so ur left with a nice big double. The only down fall to this is that when other ppl come to use it and there not confidant they roll over them and can wreck the lip of the jump.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

This is how I like my jumps. STEEP!!
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...wheeler117.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...wheeler116.jpg

If I had a bob cat I would make a huge 5th gear table top. Me and my friend were trying to make a huge table top with a bob cat but the bank too kit away befoer we could get dune. We were going to build it all summer long to make it huge but we onlh had it for 5 days [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

I like big smooth jumps.... but my main concern is angle and lift.. Like if u have a 45 degree jump how far will you go? how much lift will you get?? and what should the proper landing be? I have been trying to get intouch with some track designers but no luck yet i will keep trying though

Old 03-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Trailblazer

When im building I do not use any angles and mathimatical figures, just build them and get used to how different slopes effect the jumping and reshape them till ur comfortable. yz426ex that jump is scaring me just looking at it! It is steep and narrow for a quad, hope u have a nice landing.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kyledc18
yz426ex that jump is scaring me just looking at it! It is steep and narrow for a quad, hope u have a nice landing.
Its 5ft wide just have to make sure you keep the bars streight. Right after that jump it goes all down hill. You only have to jump 40ft and you still land on teh landing spot but I usualy over jump it just for extra air cause just 1st gear and you hit 15ft of air. That jump made me break a axle, bend my a-arms up, bent rims, broke a raptors frame and shock mount. But izz fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

My friends brother made a 10 ft tall jump and the landing was 1ft tall cause hes retarted. Well he hit it and as soon as he landed fliped. Then a nother retard tried it and flipped so it was turnt int a big berm.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: 1988fast250x
I like big smooth jumps.... but my main concern is angle and lift.. Like if u have a 45 degree jump how far will you go? how much lift will you get?? and what should the proper landing be? I have been trying to get intouch with some track designers but no luck yet i will keep trying though
Don't worry about angles and all that, but I will say since it is a quad track, you don't want them very steep like you see bikes hitting. My best advice is go to a public track, and get a feel for what type of jump does what, and once you find what you like, replicate that. An experienced rider will be able to look at a jump and tell how it will throw you.

Another important thing, if you're making double, have the land kind of like a table top. Lets say you make a 30ft double, have the landing come back level about 10-15ft in case you come up short. And don't make your landing with steep inclines, gradually slope them, so your landing shold be really long. Once you get some experience, you will know what to do.

BTW, don't listen to nothing yz426 says, he will get you killed. He is not hitting the jumps he says he is, just trying make you think he is a star.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: motox26

BTW, don't listen to nothing yz426 says, he will get you killed. He is not hitting the jumps he says he is, just trying make you think he is a star.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

what you say [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] . That jump is the biggest one in my track and I do hit it. Well not since last year cause I havent rode since then.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider

I dont have any problem hitting jumps like that... I like Big jumps just takes some time to work up and hit the really big ones but once you do it its great

Old 03-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

I dont have any problem hitting jumps like that... I like Big jumps just takes some time to work up and hit the really big ones but once you do it its great
My big jump started out 1 ft. I remember it was like 2ft tall and i was like that looks scarry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] . But I kept making it bigger slowly about 1/4 of a foot at a time. I remember when the jump was 4ft tall then i made it 2 feet taller and didnt hit it and looked huge. Well then a pro racer came out on my track so I had to hit it.

Quick Reply: Help with track please!!