ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

700 Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 Raptor?

OK,
there are a few things that i have done to my raptor and really 2 me i dont see that much of a change from now to when i bought it. There is a little gain in everything but not much, i drag race a lot with mostly the locals and few tournys. But i raced last weekend with a few and everyones got them 450's. Well one of them i raced n particular has some kinda air filter, its not k@n though, a pipe and header, and jetted. Well he blew my doors off. maybe 2 lenths. and we're racing about 250 feet. Well I've got DMC dual pipes and headers, k@n air filter, moflow air box lid, tfi controller, port and polished, stage 2 web cam, high compression piston, steel valves, a trinity clutch system and a +1 tooth on front sprocket. What is goin on here. Could it be my settings on the tfi. Back when i was stock i could pull out n front of some 450 if i got a good start, but mostly they would win. Then when i got everything but the motor work i done really good. Its like the motor work never helped me none. What could it be.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 700 Raptor?

Somethings definitely wrong, you should have walked all over him unless all you did was spin off the line.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default 700 Raptor?

wow, either he was running a bottle or your quad lost a gear somewhere, because you should have dusted his lil ole 450...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default 700 Raptor?

I would sujest going to raptorforum.comI go there for all my technical questions. There are allot of guys who run built 700's that can help you.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default 700 Raptor?

try goin back to the stock front sprocket. i had a 660 with lte dauls edelbrock web cam etc and i geared the front sprocket up 1 tooth and i could smoke people on a long run but i lost all my torge on short drag races like you were doing

Old 04-16-2008, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default 700 Raptor?

I would say that he probably had a hidden bottle and probably a fuel injected quad. I don't think that a 450 would beat you in that distance by two lengths. For sure not with the mods that you have on yours. Try a bottle your self, if it's allowed.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default 700 Raptor?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hotblooded

I would say that he probably had a hidden bottle and probably a fuel injected quad. I don't think that a 450 would beat you in that distance by two lengths. For sure not with the mods that you have on yours. Try a bottle your self, if it's allowed.</end quote></div>

i dont think its a problem with the ammount of mods i think they just arnt working right. with as much stuff you have done you should upgrade to the pc3

oh btw have you looked at the web cam at all. i know alot of them are having problems. alot of ppl are pissed a webcams. check out raptorforum.com on the subject

Old 04-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Range Rover
Default 700 Raptor?

In my opinion you should have beaten a 450 with no power adders, but you can spend thousands of dollars on popular bolt-ons and if the bike aint tuned for the combonation you put together they wont be worth the money spent. And, this isn't aimed at you chris, all the add ons dont make the rider any better.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 700 Raptor?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigned1904

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hotblooded

I would say that he probably had a hidden bottle and probably a fuel injected quad. I don't think that a 450 would beat you in that distance by two lengths. For sure not with the mods that you have on yours. Try a bottle your self, if it's allowed.</end quote></div>

i dont think its a problem with the ammount of mods i think they just arnt working right. with as much stuff you have done you should upgrade to the pc3

oh btw have you looked at the web cam at all. i know alot of them are having problems. alot of ppl are pissed a webcams. check out raptorforum.com on the subject</end quote></div>

Webcams are a hot topic over there.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default 700 Raptor?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DODGE57HEMI

I would sujest going to raptorforum.comI go there for all my technical questions. There are allot of guys who run built 700's that can help you.</end quote></div>

I agree. Thats where my buddy goes to find stuff out. No offense guys, They know their raptors!

Quick Reply: 700 Raptor?