ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

district 12 ama

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2001, 07:08 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

atv88, since you have raced at many of the local AMA tracks as well as the CRA tracks I was wondering how they compare. I have heard that the AMA tracks are better ran and better prepared but don't have as big a turnout as the CRA tracks. Just wondering your opinion on which tracks are the best for racing quads. Oh, and yes this is QuadMXRacer from PitRacer.com.

Old 03-23-2001, 11:07 AM
Trailblazer

They are all good tracks but my favorites are probably Scenic Highlands (even though I haven't rode there much yet),Broken Spokes (it is only over the hill from were I live at) and lightning when it isn't dusty.Scenic Highlands is a national caliber track, no lie. It is super long with a lot of elevation changes. It is similar to Mt.Morris in its location and layout sorta. It is wide enough to drive two semis side by side which should allow some good passing lanes. Spokes is nice because it is so close to were I live and they usually change the track up every year to keep it fresh.Lightning, depending on the conditions is a nice but technical track. I like to practice there sometimes. a lot of doubles!Spring Valley also has a real nice track but it is well over an hour from here. There are always a lot of quads there.In the blaster class there are usually at least 9 people. As far as which is better as far as tracks I would say AMA has better tracks at least around here. Both are run well with the exception of Malvern, I had trouble with scoring errors there in the past.Hopefully in the second year of d-12 with the addition of more points classes for quads we will have better turnouts at the d-12 races.

Old 03-25-2001, 06:34 PM
Trailblazer

Did anyone go to Scenic Highlands this weekend? I stayed here and wrenched.(Too Cold!!)