ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

macon race

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2001, 07:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i went to the race and watched the pros ride and was disapointed in travis spader he was in 5th place when his seat came off ..so what did he do ..stop and go back to get it then pull over to have it put back on then finished in last place..

Old 03-22-2001, 07:28 PM
Range Rover

You have got to be kidding me! I don't know how many times I have seen someones seat fall off at the local amatuer races and they always keep going! It would slow you down a little bit, but you don't sit down all that much on a whooped out sandy track anyways.

So did you have fun? Did you like the track? Bet that A class was pretty tough. I saw you finished 4th in the 25+ class, how many riders was there in 25+?

Old 03-22-2001, 07:39 PM
Range Rover

yes i had funn bit pricey tho for the whole weekend....still was great got to practice on friday ...there were 40 riders signed up for the +25 class and 60 riders for the B-class...still i have to move up to the A-class in the next national cuz im going to ride in the local A-class so i have to move up......the worst part about the whole weekend was having to change all your numbers cuz there is no x's allowwed on your number plates you have to put all new ones on if you dont have a national number in that class

Old 03-22-2001, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

Scott, First thing is I apoligize for not trying to hunt you down and meet you. It got to be a long weekend. We parked right next to Lurch and he said you and your wife stopped by but we were gone. I have heard that the rule is if you race A locally you can drop down one class at the Nationals. So running B at the nats would be ok. I was told this by several individuals there. I also agree with you on the Spader seat deal. That's pretty weak in my mind, but I am not him.

Old 03-23-2001, 05:43 PM
Range Rover

nope that is totaly wrong just looking in the back of the books they gave out when ya got there all the rules are in the back if you ride a -localy then you ride a nationals thats why i'm going to have to move up when the weather gets better and i race localy..not to mention when you ride with faster guys you learn to ride faster yourself

Old 03-26-2001, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

I think Travis was thinking of the big picture when he did this. Why risk getting hurt and being out all season because of a cracked tail bone. All it would take is one hard hit on the subframe and its all over. If riding with no seat is'nt hard enough, try doing it a Spader's pace.

Old 03-26-2001, 06:02 PM
Range Rover

Well after looking at your stats from years past you must be fast ..or cheating with that 330 kit on your quad????????...
as far as travis is concerned i think i would be also looking at the totaly point scores ..and understand the getting hurt thing very well..but as a sponcers point of view he should have probly just stood up and road like a true pro almost always do to show to all he is the one and only pro out there....Just my thaughts dont want to start a fight ..ride hard and fast SCOTTBL99

Old 03-27-2001, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

HA! I think the other guys back then were the ones with the bigbores! Just picking. I dont think they even made the 330 kits back then?

Actually I have a LRD Gary Denton National motor that I used to run in the GNC and district races. I just recentley put the 330 on and now run OPEN A at the nationals.

In my district there is no limit on the cc's because we only have 2-stroke and 4-stroke quad classes. Yeah, I know thats lame.