ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

District 23 HareScramble Series - Round 1, Monticello

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2001, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone racing Monticello this weekend?
Above is a link to the website for some information. Everything is correct exept the QuadSport times. QuadSport A and B will be racing for 2 hours. Woodsman and Women for 1 hour. Event begins at 2pm, rider's meeting at 1:30pm. Pray for some sun, and I'll see ya there.

Old 05-04-2001, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

Oh man, it looks like rain for sure.

I assume that even with rain, the race won't be called off, right? It should be fairly messy, muddy. Might lead to some interesting riding, that's for sure.

ogre

Old 05-04-2001, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Rain or shine, the event is on. I'm guessing that the turn-out will be smaller with the way the weather is going. But that's all part of the fun. See ya there.

Old 05-04-2001, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

What does the weather forcast say? hopefully it won't be to bad.

Old 05-04-2001, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider
Old 05-05-2001, 03:26 AM
Pro Rider

I am planning on racing this event. I live way over in Wisconsin so if the weather is bad, i dont know if it will be worth going. Millville is a must next week. How is the tracks terrain on the Monticello track?

00 Ds650
-renthal bars
-PeP steering stabalizer
-Graydon Nerf bars
-custom endcap
-Razr (20x11x9) Rears
-douglas .190 rims
-Oury Hand Grips
-K&N air filter
(removed lid)

Old 05-05-2001, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

The terrain is a variety of woods, grass fields, and rolling hills. Dirt ranges between gravel, sand, loam, pine needles and small rocks. Approximately 12 miles in length.
No motocross track.

If you plan on finishing high in the year end points. You will have to race every event. There are NO throw-outs this year.

See ya tomorrow.

Old 05-07-2001, 09:08 AM
Pro Rider

How did everyone do?
I finished last in the A class with a DNF. I picked a bad line through the river crossing and stalled my motor(water up to the handlebars). After I got that running again, I stalled in the huge mudhole just down from the river. It took me 5 minutes to dig my quad out of there with the help of some spectators. After that, the motor keep spitting and spuddering all the way back to the finish. I completed one lap, and called it a day. No way was I going back through that mess again and tearing up my quad and missing half of the season.
Hope you had better luck.

Old 05-07-2001, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

I've never seen so much mud. Getting across that muddy field (at the starting line) was almost impossible.

I kinda stalled out on the water crossing the first time too. By the second lap, we figured out how to do it; you had to idle across it.

Here's how my day went: After finally getting across the field, we all came into the first 90 degree corner, someone bumped the rear end of my quad and threw me into a tree. Then someone rear-ended me, and the person behind him rear-ended that guy, and so on. Damage - front bumper. By the time I got through the field on the second lap, my grips were so muddy that I couldn't twist my throttle very good. I kept riding, fighting with the throttle. It ended up so bad that I kinda lost control - hit a stump, bounced off that right into a tree (had my first get-off - right over the handlebars). Damage: bent left lower a-arm. By that time, I should've just quit, but I didn't (I had a pretty good position). So I pulled off my right glove so I could get some grip on the throttle. Finally, 2/3 through the 2nd lap, my motor died. I figured I took in some water from the water crossing. So I drained my airbox. It still wouldn't start. So I tried to drain my float bowl and nothing came out. I figured I got mud/dirt in my gas, thus plugging up my carb or gas line. So I sat there - watching my lead slip away, quite a few quads went by. I kept fiddling with the carb and petcock; finally, after 10 minutes - she ran. It was all too late, however.

I have no idea how I finished - I just packed up and left - too muddy to worry about waiting for the results.

The a-arm is ordered and the quad is now (pretty) clean. I'm looking forward to millville.

ogre

Old 05-07-2001, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you had a bad day as well. Hopefully we both have better luck next weekend.

Quick Reply: District 23 HareScramble Series - Round 1, Monticello