ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Badlands MX is one sweet track!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2001, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got home from the Badlands in Celeste Tx... Man, this track is SWEET! I wish I could talk to the guys that were there.. That track is awesome! I recommend it to anyone that is interested in starting racing around texas.. It's easy, rhythmic, and FAST! If any of you guys were at Badlands on June 17th.. and saw a Red/Black Banshee.. It was me.. Drop me a line!!

P.S. Is anyone racing there friday night??? I'm thinking about going

Old 06-19-2001, 07:10 PM
Trailblazer

GLAD YOU LIKED IT!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I DIDN'T GET TO MAKE IT THIS SUNDAY. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] MY WIFE JUST HAD TO GO SHOPPING WITH HER FRIENDS, AND I WOUND UP WATCHING THE KIDS. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] IT WAS FATHERS DAY RIGHT???? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] OH WELL, I GUESS IT MAKES UP FOR THE TIMES I DID GET TO GO. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I BELIEVE THE RACE FALLS ON SATURDAY NIGHT, <u>NOT</u> FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!! PLEASE CHECK THE CALENDER ON THE WEB SITE.

BADLANDS M/X PARK CELESTE, TX

I THINK WE HAVE E-MAILED EACH OTHER A TIME OR TWO. WE NEED TO HOOK UP AND RIDE SOME, MAYBE EVEN RIDE TOGETHER. JUST SO YOU'LL KNOW, I RIDE THE YELLOW 400EX, WITH THE BLUE #4's.

I'M GOING THIS WEDNESDAY.

Old 06-19-2001, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

yeah yeah, you're right.. it's Saturday. I ordered numbers and stuff from K&amp;K today.. Are you going to be there saturday night? I will be racing. I'll be the guy on the pretty sweet Banshee w/stock silencers hehe. Yeah, we emailed each other.. Hopefully see you at the track sometime! Oh, by the way.. they're not having practice on sundays anymore.. They were talking about having it sunday night 6-10 or something.. Can you do the double beside the finish line?? It looks pretty hairy. I did everything except it!

Old 06-21-2001, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

This may sound strange but I came to Winnsboro and bought a 300EX with a friend from a guy there. It wouldn't happen to be you or someone you know would it? Celeste is a pretty sweet track, you should make the TQRA race in July. They really have a well organized setup, and the classes move pretty quickly. There are even a few pro level riders that show up like Nate Leverenz, doing heel clickers over the finish line. Maybe I'll catch you out there sometime, big group of us ride Banshees to out there sometimes.

Jennifer

Old 06-21-2001, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Jennifer, Does your EX have black Maier Plastic, SuperTrapp IDS2, K&amp;N, works on the front and some more stuff? If it does, Yes, I ride with the guy you bought it from all the time. He now has a CR125 and races.. He was at Badlands w/me sunday and wednesday night..

P.S. mx400exer Why were you shaking your head at me when I didn't quite make that finish line double?? lol.. after that, i did it every time.. I got tired of taking the hit. I got stuck behind that guy on the black R and couldn't pass.. The 2nd round, I got the holeshot and never looked back til my grips came off.. then the guy that loaned me the glue passed me.. he was good! Later

Old 06-21-2001, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

Well my friend bought it for his girlfriend and then she didn't like it. We probably won't be back out there for a few weekends. Waiting on our friends hand to come out of a cast. Might get a few of the other crazy fools we ride with to come out there over the next few weekends.

Jen

Old 06-24-2001, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

mx400exer, who was that you let ride your EX in our race??? That guy was hauling!! What happened to him though? I took 3rd, Merrit took 2nd, and that number 7 400EX got 1st. Were you watching the end?? I almost got 2nd. Merrit took off before I did, and I passed him in the air. Almost got him. You were hauling too!! I want to learn how to corner like those EXs do. How do you do that??? I lose all my speed in the corner, but you keep it! It was fun.. can't wait til the 13th!!

Old 06-24-2001, 04:42 PM
Trailblazer

If there is a practice Wednesday, we'll work on some cornering.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Russell said the water level is low.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Richard Robbins was riding my bike during the amature moto's. His oil seal went out on his &quot;R&quot;.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] He didn't want to blow it up.

He told Danielle since he's a PRO rider, <u>NOT</u> to count him in the final points.

He just wanted to ride.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

You were doing great. Keep it up!!!

Old 06-24-2001, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

The schedule says there is practice wednesday. My back hurts after following that rolling Banshee.. I should've jumped him.. but.. might've bent my axle even more..haha Man, I would love to get taught how to corner... Hopefully we can do it sometime. I was wondering what place he got.. because he flew by me! Thanks! I was really surprised at how good I did. WHen I caught merrit, i thought I had him passed, bt i hit false neutral.. Oh well, just have to get it bored before next season!.