ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

gncc

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 03:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

out of these quads (only these quads - i imagine there are better ones out there for this) what would be the best in your opinions - for gncc racing?
Kawasaki Mojave
Honda 250x
Honda 300ex
Yamaha Warrior
and also - what mods would make them competitive?

i know im asking a lot of questions about this - and i probably sounds like a newbie to this kinda thing to ya'll - but i just want some other opinions - people who havce actually competed - u know what i mean?

thanks
trin

Old 07-24-2001, 03:37 AM
Range Rover

300EX or the warrior But I would probly pick the 300EX I dont know of any mods for them but I have a BIG-GUNN muffler and its sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Old 07-24-2001, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider

I dont think the warrior handles good enough to race the gncc well. The other three are all good gncc racers. The mojave is the fastest of the three and i like the handling on it best. It would be my pick, but there are some things to consider. It is easier to find aftermarket parts for the hondas, but it is there for the mojave. The 250x and mojave have kick start and the 300 has electric start. I like kick starters myself, but a gncc race is a dead start race. You have to start it when the flag drops and then go. You must be able to kick start the bike and dump the clutch at almost the same time to get a good holeshot. This is hard to do for many people and the bike must be tuned to start easily and at open throttle. The electric start is easier for many people. Any of the three bikes will do good and provide you with great fun.

The type of mods will depend on your class. For instance if you run 4 stroke stock, you can only change a few parts and must use a stock pipe.