ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Broken Bones

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 01:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a funny one! (now). I bought my first quad on April 1, 2001. I went to work at 4[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]opm and got home at midnight. I was itchin' to ride really bad and my buddy came over to the house to check out the quad. We drank a few beers (heavily) and about three in the morning, I fired it up and took off down the street. I got to the end, tried to roost the a&& end of the machine and tipped it. I fell off and broke my collar bone in two spots. ( the bone was free floating under the skin). Well, as I said earlier, the beer numbed the pain, I pushed the machine back up and rode home. When my buddy saw me, he began to laugh his a&& off ( I would have done the same if not unconcious). There is a moral to this story! When the warning lable says don't operate this atv under the influence, it's for a reason.

Old 03-27-2002, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

You got ir Guardog it sure was funny (NOW). Our wives didn't think so!! It was really funny because when he regained consciousness in the morning he saw the little stickers that I placed on his shirt. It said, "I've had an x-ray." That was almost as funny as you tipping. You forgot to mention that you were only going about 5 mph. Now look at us. Later Bro!!!

Old 03-27-2002, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer

Last May when I was racing my KX 250, I tried to turn myself into a rocket.
It was early Sunday morning, when we started loading up to go to the track I noticed a little drag in my twist throttle. So I quickly took the top off to inspect it a little and found a tiny fray in the cable. I thought to myself "Nothing major it will be alright, I'll pick up a new one Monday after work."
Big mistake,In the first moto I hit the rythm section hard trying to make a pass (triple in, double out) but the bike got out from under neath of me, flipped over and pitched me on to my a$$.
It kind of stunned me, b/c that section hadn't been a problem in practice. So I picked the bike up and tried to get back in the race. I came flying into the 65ft. finish line tabletop in fouth, a little too hot so I backed off a little and then burped it on the take off. The throttle stuck open and stood the bike straight up. I kicked it away and landed on my feet in the flats about 85ft. from the take off. My bike landed and just kept on smokin' right over the berm and into the creek.
If I had only packed a parachute. The result was a broken anke, big toe, and a compression fracture below my knee. Not to mention a torn achilies tendon, mcl ,acl and muscles in the back of my leg. The back of my leg turned black from mid-calf to mid-thigh.
IF IT'S BROKE, FIX IT!