Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 03:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what are keys to making a smalle track

Old 12-07-2001, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Patience, plan where you want your jumps and turns, and just get out there and start building. You'll figure it out pretty quick if you just start building.

Old 12-07-2001, 11:22 PM
Range Rover

Find a area that you can build one. Then plan out how it will go. And have someone haul in dirt or get your own somehow. And get all your buddies to help you.

Old 12-14-2001, 09:59 AM
Trailblazer

I would like to build a Motocross track for my son and myself.He has a blaster and I have a 200x 3 wheeler.Does anyone know of a website that might show a diagram or instuctions on doing this? We live on a 100 acre farm and got a perfect field to do this in.This winter we are going to make a hare scramble track over the entire farm.I thought it would be fun to also have a MX track also because I would like to get him to start racing next spring,I might even try it myself.
Thanks for any info you might have.

Old 12-14-2001, 12:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

A strategy to building jumps is to lay down a bunch of really thick logs or trees and then pile the dirt over them. Saves a lot of time and work not having to find, dig, and pile so much dirt.

Also, having a thick top layer of mulch over the entire track makes for just as good riding with a whole lot less maintenance.

Old 12-17-2001, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

It's pretty easy to build a track... Once you have the dirt, the real work is all done! Get a tractor with a bucket, build a "take off", pack it, and then jump it. Once you find the speed you are comfortable with, mark the spot where you land, and make a landing! If you're a beginner, round the top of the landing, and fill the space between the jump and the landing in with dirt. By doing those 2 things, it won't hurt as bad if you case it. A corner is a little bit harder to make. Unless you really like flat corners, building a smooth berm will be a chore. It really helps if you have a dozer with a 6 way blade, but if you don't, use the tractor again. You want to make the berm tall enough that you can carry your speed all the way through, because you know you're going to want to impress all your friends that come over to watch!

Old 12-18-2001, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

Old wash machines can be used as fill for table tops.

Old 01-01-2002, 05:26 AM
Trailblazer

go buy a chuvel and start digging.!!!!!!!! LOL

Old 01-01-2002, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

go buy a chuvel and start digging.!!!!!!!! LOL

Buy hooked on phonics and start learning. Its SHOVEL.

Just joking with you man, didn't mean to get you riled up, I just couldn't resist.

Old 01-03-2002, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

3forme,

The best way to build a track in your case is this. First draw out the area of land were the track would be. Then map out the route of the track on the paper. Next take some wooden stakes and physically lay the track out in the field. Finally take your tractor and plow the whole route of the track out, then disc it, just as you would when working a field for planting. This method not only gets rid of the grass, but also leaves plenty of dirt to push up for jumps and berms. Lastly you can figure out where you would like to place the jumps and what kind of jumps you want to use. Typically doubles, triples and tabletops are used. Drop offs and step-ups are nice if the lay of the land permits. Whoops are also typical. Remember to ad plenty of turns and a couple long rough straights.

It’s your track, use your imagination and build it so you can enjoy it (not kill yourself!)

Quick Reply: how to make an small race track