ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Tyler, TX Race Series

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 02:25 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MrP - It was good to meet you. From what I heard you were rollin pretty good yesterday. Swan is not always like that. That had to be the worst example of that track I have ever seen. Short, 1 line, crowded, it is usually not like that. Last year they had to cut the races short and not give a bunch of us a second moto, so that is why he cut out so much track. The begineers will fade away, and he will have us running the complete track next round. Eat your Wheaties!! It is long and rough!!! Talk to you later "P"!

Old 02-25-2002, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I would have liked to see a beginner class. That was only my second race... actually, my first race was more like half of a race but thats a whole different story. Sorry, I may be a beginner, but you'll see me at every race (besides Freestone ofcourse). I finished 17th overall after a bad first moto (20th) and the second moto was a little better (13th). Atleast none of the expert riders were stuck behind me... I wasn't THAT slow. Maybe after I work on my cornering a little more, I can keep up with you guys up there.

Old 02-25-2002, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I meant to introduce myself to you guys, but I never got around to it. ctbanshee looked pretty p!ssed when I saw you, and I never saw MrP when he wasn't on his bike. You all probably saw me. I was either on the wimpy XR100 without a rear fender or the #19 400EX. We all were pitted in front of ctbanshee with a black CR125, the Cannibal, 400EX, XR, a white van and trailer and some trucks. ct, I talked to the guy with the R for sale, and he told me about that wreck. He seemed like a nice guy.

I really hope the beginners will fade out by the time I get my quads back ready to race. That dude on the blue and white Warrior with 25" Dirt Hooks was a joke. They shouldn't let people like that in the open am. class. ctbanshee, yeah, everyone was ticked at that grey Banshee. He wouldn't let anyone pass.

See you guys at round 3.

Old 02-25-2002, 03:25 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

Hey ctbanshee- Will you be at the March 3 Village race? Im thinking about going. Do you know what the track is like? I didnt know you were at the race until I turned around at the gate and saw your bike. Next time I will come over and talk. I had alot of fun but I have to get in better shape. That was my second race on my new quad and I still need to get a little more use to it. 3 weeks and Macon will be here. I will be in shape by then I hope... Are you going to Macon? It is an awesome track but it is really really rough. Well I will talk to you later- MrP.

YoDaddy- Hang in there bro and before you know it you will be riding faster and faster. I just started MX in May of last year. I went to the Macon race last year to watch and I was hooked. Since then I have only raced in seven races including Swan but this year I plan on racing atleast 5 Nationals and as many other races as I can. Just keep practicing and racing as much as you can and you will get better. Good Luck. MrP.

lonestarbanshee- Im glad to see you were so excited to see that I was coming to race at Swan....considering you dont even know me.

Old 02-25-2002, 04:54 PM
Range Rover

"P" - You will dig Village! It is a lot more technical! I have not seen it since they re-worked a few sections and brought in sand! Come my freind! It will be sweet. E-mail me if you come and I will give you directions! Plus, all the guys I was pitted with will be MIA at that round. They are having some invitation only race Dale put togather. So Dale will be absent from your class also! You do not have anything else to do this weekend! I am not running any nationals. Maybe L.L., just to say I did it! But good luck to you! You have got the bike to win on, that is for sure! Hollar if you come!

I will see the rest of you there! Keep in mind....I am p1ssed now! Never give a little guy a big quad and make him mad!!!! J/K!

Old 02-25-2002, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

MrP, I'm always glad to put faces behind names. I just crossed 2 off my list, and am going to cross alot more off when we go to Little Sahara next month. You guys should try to join us!

Old 02-26-2002, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Lonestar what kind of attitude is that to hope that the beginners fade out as the season goes on. That's the whole problem with atv growth now, is too many people get discouraged. Everyone was a beginner at some point. Now the weekend heroes so to speak should get a good talkin to, or get nerfed over a berm to teach them a lesson. But the people that are just getting started and may not understand track etiquette will learn. Hopefully not at the cost of others. If they purposefully joined the wrong class that's another story, if they had no choice in classes to join then it's the track promoters fault. Be patient let MX grow dude! Look how well Badlands is growing, the amateur class is flourishing. Some of the guys in that class could use an intermediate class to help split them and the beginners. But I don't see that happening by the sounds of it. When are you going to quit being a spectator and show us what ya got man! I'm ready to see some high flyin. Any luck on selling the shee yet? What do you think about Scott getting the Duncan Racing sponsorship? I thought it was pretty cool, good discount anyways.

Old 02-26-2002, 05:53 PM
Range Rover

Jennifer - You must understand something. There is a time to race with people and a time to move over. We all went through this last year in the series. Spodes would load the track for a few rounds, put those of us running the entire series out with broken bikes or worse. They were not in it to learn or get better. They were mostly trying to show their a$$. There are places for begineers to race. There are places for them to practice. Blocking a guys line or jumping side to side on a track to keep someone behind you is not racing. When I started I always let those that were all over my rear around me. When someone is behind you and bangs you all the way around a track, you are in the way. Last year me and the guys I raced the series with finally had enough. We worked together to get us all up front. Yes-There was a lot of take outs. But guess what, they stopped blocking the track and crashing everyone within the same zip code. I am all about helping people. You all know that. But when I put up my hard earned money to race and see it shot apart by someone wearing a football helmet, I get upset. I saw a lot of my freinds bet hurt and bikes that were thrashed all last season. I am always willing to help anyone, anytime. Some people just need to exercise a little common sense. There were nearly a few fist fights over the antics of some of the "amature" riders on the track. Several of the guys were hot when they got off the track. I myself was P.O. It was not at the 400EX racer, as much as the foolish person who put myself and others to the back with his BS racing. Jennifer, you know I love helping others, so if I get mad, it MUST have been jacked up!!! I was behind guys both moto's that were a split second away from a hospital stay. They were a danger to themselves and others. That is were I have a problem. That is the last time I will comment on the actions of this "past" weekend. It is the past. Now lets all look forward to smart, clean, fun racing at Village!!

Old 02-26-2002, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

Jennifer, ctbanshee is 100% correct. The racers in the am. class got me hot under the collar, and I was just being a spectator. I am all for beginners, and helping the sport, but these guys had no business out there.

I forgot that the only time you've ever seen me ride was when I busted my @$$ at Badlands. Hopefully I will regain the respect that I lost from you the next time I ride in your presence. I feel I finally got a bike that will keep up with me, and nothing but time will tell how we(the R and I) progress.

Im stoked for Scott. However, I must say that I am surprised at his acceptance. As I have noted in the search for sponsors, they enjoy seeing results from many different tracks. Scott has competed at Badlands, and not many more. This is why I plan on running the TQRA and TLSS this year, as well as many of the NTNS races.

Have fun at the Village. ctbanshee, be nice to #19.

Old 02-26-2002, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

Well there's a difference between beginners and jacka$$es. Unfortunately you have to deal with both or quit, and I don't see that being an option. The secondly of the two need to be dealt with and ran away they are only harmful to you, others, and the sport in general. The beginners which is where you all started and are what keeps the sport growing need to be taught, most learn quickly. Help them along if you can. Teach them what you've learned. Good luck at Village, hope the spill wasn't too bad at Swan. I'd hate to see the shee wadded up! Do the track officials not do anything about intentional blocking, they do at the tracks i've been to?

Quick Reply: Tyler, TX Race Series