ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Tyler, TX Race Series

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a difference between beginners and guys that only race a couple of times to look like bad asses. A lot of guys will race one or two races and then never ride a track again, and in those two races, they always try to cause problems. I on the other hand am a beginner that WILL keep on racing. I was lucky enough to get a decent start in the second moto, but after the first 2 corners, I stayed to the right so that people like CtBanshee, and other riders that are much better than me could get around me. There is no sence in trying to be a hero and keeping riders that you have no chance in hell of beating from riding a good race.

Old 02-26-2002, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe a little *** bloking is in order for the jokers on the track. I've never had the pleasure of seeing Aaron race but he has a sweet banshee and anyone that can tackle riding that machine on a track definitely has a pair. David no respect lost here, I told you that. I gots mucho respect for anyone that can fly through the air like their a$$ is on fire! I'm ready to see ya on the 2fiddy. You should consider the Nocona track when he starts his series. It's a super fast track, and I think it's about a mile long. I understand the frustration try being in the woods behind a sandbagger that won't get outta the way even though you're ramming them in the behind at every turn. We went and checked out the Weatherford track where they hold some of the NTNS races. The quad turn out is usually minimal there, they upped their entry fees only for QUADS though. I believe it went up to $40 plus gate fee so $50 now. I think Scott was even a little surprised over the Duncan deal. I guess you never know until you ask. Well Aaron if you're ever coming up this way for a race let me know, i'd like to chat with ya again. The shock has worked out great fixing to buy a front set hopefully when i get done tinkering with the truck. David I expect to see a full season out of you this year dang it. Quit tearing your stuff up. You ride pretty good and have a bright race season ahead of ya. Let the competition know you're a force to be reckoned with. Anyways remember 2 things "rubber side down" and "ride it like you stole it".Good luck to you all in future races, watch out for the dill holes.

Old 02-26-2002, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah Jennifer, I'll try to remember that. It seems I've had a past history of keeping the rubber side UP instead of down. You'll start seeing me around very soon. Oh yeah, what are you doing to your truck? I'm expecting a full mod list [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

YoDaddy, don't get discouraged. You were faster on your 300EX than you are on your Cannondale. Speed comes with time. Practice equals speed.

Old 02-26-2002, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

<< YoDaddy, don't get discouraged. You were faster on your 300EX than you are on your Cannondale. Speed comes with time. Practice equals speed. >>

Oh I know. I'm already getting to feel much more comfortable on the Dale, I was just saying that people should know some of the &quot;rules&quot; when they get on the track. I deffinitely was better at cornering on the 300ex... Shut up David, I know your thinkin about the time I broke my collar bone. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] But I really was better at cornering the 300ex, and maybe the Dale will do a little better when I get those tamers. Can't afford it now since I'm racing village creek this weekend and I HAVE to go to LS a couple of weeks after that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Gonna have to break out the sun block [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2002, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

It's nice when you do get to ride with folks like yodaddy that do know some of the finer points of track etiquette. I really hate dealing with the idiots at the dunes that don't know the do's and don'ts. I'd love to see a C'dale on the track, everyone has hyped them up so much. Are you sure you want a mod list of the truck it's kinda long. And still growing. i've been trying to pick out a digital camera so I can have my own pics when i want, but haven't been able to get due to picking out new wheels for the truck. I'm glad there are new faces being introduced to the mx world and will be there for the long haul. YoDaddy are you going to race at Badlands with David? I'd love to see some new faces there and see the quad turnout really grow. And maybe be able to split into and amateur and intermediate, and pro class.

Old 02-27-2002, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

I raced the season opener at Badlands, and I was planning on racing the family day race but then that dang series caught my attention. I figure the best way to get better was to ride different tracks and learn all the different terrains. Not to mention, I have wanted to ride Swan for a very long time and I like the wide open tracks a little more then the tight technical tracks. I was planning on practicing tomorrow at badlands but then I noticed that it was cancelled so it may be a while before I ride there again with LS coming up and after village creek, I won't race until rnd 3 at swan because I HAVE to start saving some $. Jenifer, have you ridden Greenville Mx yet? It's a decent track except for when i went it was hard like concrete and me and Jake both took a little spill, to say the least, we were a little sore after that day. The jumps don't throw you at all and you have to hit the jumps WFO in 3rd,4th, and even sometimes in 5th gear just to barely make the jumps! You'll probably see me practicing a lot but like I said, I'm gonna have to save some $ in order to buy some tamers, so I won't be racing till Rnd. 3 at Swan after village creek this weekend.

Sorry for the long reply, I'm bored and tend to ramble on and on and on and ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2002, 11:15 AM
Range Rover

Daddy - You were doing pretty good on the Dale. It looked like you were sometimes ridding it a little fast then you were ready for. Slow down a bit. As you noticed 25% of the field will crash themselves out of a race. Ride at your pace, be safe and the results will come. You cant go fast with a 300# quad on top of you, or if your high centered on a berm. That is a big jump from a 300 to the dale. Give yourself time to get comfortable. And you did show very good track manners. You raced with those you knew were your speed and slid over a little to let those of us who keep on getting taken out by. Hopefully everyone tore the grey banshee up enough that if he returns he will be safer. For his sake and everyone elses. I know Scott (250R) had a little talk with him. I practiced the Weatherford track last Wed. MAN!!!! That thing is technical! It is an obstacle every 2 feet. It is a sweet track, it would just take me a lot of ridding there to get used to it. If you try to ride over your head on that new layout you would get a Careflight ride to the hospital! I am hoping that the weather holds out this weekend for VC. They are saying rain and flurries Saturday. I WILL NOT RACE IN THE COLD LIKE WE HAVE RIGHT NOW!!! NEVER! Talk to yall later!!!

Old 02-27-2002, 11:19 AM
MrP
Pro Rider

ctbanshee- Im not going to be able to make it to Village, but I will see you at the next race at Swan. Good luck to everyone who races at Village. Talk to you later- MrP.

Old 02-27-2002, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

Aaron how did you do at Swan this weekend?

Old 02-27-2002, 12:59 PM
Range Rover

&quot;P&quot; - If the weather does what they say, I may not be at V.C.! I hate cold weather! I would rather sweet myself into a coma than freeze! They did not even have practice here last night because of the weather. A lot of track cancelled todays practice also! See you April 28th &quot;P&quot;!

Quick Reply: Tyler, TX Race Series