ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Mojave's place in the GNC Nationals. (tpender)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?

Old 03-25-2002, 11:27 AM
MrP
Pro Rider

Lurch- Thoughts on the place of the Mojave or thoughts on the underage rider.

Old 03-25-2002, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

Well......both, but mainly the Mojave's place in the GNC.

Old 03-25-2002, 03:31 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

In my opinion I think the Mojave should be able to run with the Blaster/300ex class. So should the Warrior. But as far as the kid who is underage or anyone else who is underage ,and riding at the Nationals, that is their business and Im going to stay out of it for two reasons. One its their business and two it doesnt bother me. Now I know its not right to lie and its not fair to the parents and kids who spent 10-20K on a 90cc machine so they can race at the Nationals the right way, but the age thing is a rule that needs to be changed. We all could talk ourselves to death about it but until its changed it want do any good so I choose to let it be the underage persons and their parents business on wether they lie or not. The reason I am telling all of this Lurch is because I get the feeling it bothers you that some people are riding underage and I think it should be their business, not mine or yours. Well maybe Toms and theirs, but not anyone elses LOL. Im not trying to start anything and I dont think you are either because you have always posted good things and helpful things I just thought I would tell you my opinion.

Old 03-25-2002, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

You're not going to start anything. I'll let you know why it bothers me. Picture this......

You are a track owner. Some parents decide to fake their 14 year old kid's ID and sign them up in a class for people 16 years and up. THEN, the kid gets hurt and sues the track owner. Then.....no more races at that track. My wife and I are going to try and start a family and if our kid wants to race, then we will let him/her. BUT, we will follow the rules.

The +25 class seems faster than the +30 but since I turn 30 this coming June, I had to race +25. Do you think it's O.K. for me to run the +30 before I turn 30? Rules are rules and they should be followed.

I helped tech my racing buddy at Macon. He pitched a fit because I made him start his quad so Tom could pull the kill switch tether, but it had to be done. Rules are rules.

My feathers are not ruffles, so don't worry.

Old 03-25-2002, 03:58 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

Your right and when I have kids and they want to race I too will follow the rules. It is sorry that someone would sue when they knowingly lied, but I know it could happen in this sue happy world, but there should be some kind of protection for track owners and promoters for things like this because there is always going to be someone who is going to try and get away with it thats why I dont let it bother me. But it would bother me(really bad) if a track got shut down because of someone sueing when they knew that they had lied. Well anyway now that we talked about that lets talk about some good stuff......LONDON, KY. Are you going? I am and I cant wait. I just hope it doesnt rain or snow even though it does every year.

Old 03-25-2002, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not going this year. I twisted my frame at Echeconnee and am trying to raise the Monay for it. I have $200 now. I need $450 more. I started a Garage Sale page on my web site.

Old 03-25-2002, 04:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

lurch: how wide is your machine with that +6 inch stuff?,, rules are not rules example::the ama rules state thet there will be NO jumping contests held at a ama race,,but "our" president and referee let this happen at the Orrville race,and others.When I questioned the prez on this I was blown off with a "are you weird" attitude. But thats ok!! Last years 200/300 class chump errr champ,was 15 years old,yet every other honest person was give the boot for being 15 (or younger). The rules didn't pertain to these examples ""obviously"" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2002, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

My front end is exactly 50". I was sweating going through the spreaderbar!!!

Old 03-28-2002, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

Tom,

Haveyou spoken to any of your fellow conressmen about the Mojave class issue?

Quick Reply: Mojave's place in the GNC Nationals. (tpender)