ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Sunoco+Benol?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking at buying a barrel of race gas. I can buy some 110 octane sunoco cheap, however, I have been told that it doesn't mix well with Klotz Be'nol. If any has tried this, please respond before I shell out a couple hundred bucks on fuel that won't work.

Old 04-16-2002, 01:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Get the fuel, throw the bean oil away! I have had great results after leaving bean oil(maxima 927,klotz) My personall favorite oil is Torco GP-7,but there are other oils just as good if not better than bean oil in my oppinion. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2002, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second the Torco.I won't use anything else.I run 40.1

Old 05-05-2002, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

i have run sonoco race gas with klotz's bean oil with no problem for years. how is this toro oil is so much better than bean oil? and why does the major engine builders still recommend maxima 927 bean oils?
airtime

Old 05-05-2002, 01:08 PM
Pro Rider

Go to. www.torcoracingoils.com

Torco's gp7 is 100% synthetic and smokeless.(well, as smokeless as it's gonna get)No smoke also means no deposits in the ports/combustion chamber.I started using it about 10 years ago and am really happy with it.I rode my 82'250r 50-100 miles a weekend for 7 years straight and the piston/rings are still in spec. I have a friend that sells amsoil and he got me to try their 2-stroke oil.I didn't like it....wayyy too much smoke.Anyways I have had very good luck with torco products,I use their chain lube too.

Old 05-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

Well,I was passing on what has been good to me.I could never get a good burn w/927,the plug always look shiney and black no matter what the jetting,after switching to GP-7 my plug burn looked perfect and changed color with the jetting. I realize there could be 1000000 different opinions.
Better? well I have gone through 2 gallons of oil this year and it's only the first of May,thus the cost savings over bean oil will be better.The lubricating qualities have had close results as far as wear goes. Torco GP-7 is a synthetic,that could be better also.
"Why does the manufacturer's still recommend 927"?,I suspect good salemanship, free oil, and more politics than in washington D.C. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-05-2002, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

"Why does the major engine builders still recommend bean oil".I dunno nobody I know recomends it or even uses it.Heck I don't even know where to get it(Im in so.cal).Maybe 20 years ago bean oil was better than the petrolium 2-stroke oil at the time and the thought has stuck.20 years ago I couldn't keep my bikes together on mc1-+,duralube or golden spectro.

I was sponsored by "neo" synthetic oil at the time,gawd it was junk!They used to give me cases of the stuff.I wouldn't use it in an engine today,maybe on my chain saw chain though. LOL

Maybe bean oil would have been the oil to use back then but times have changed.Synthetic oils have come a long way and I believe are the way to go.

I noticed that you guys are "back east".Funny how things are different in the same country.

Trending Topics

Old 05-11-2002, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer

I race a microsprint with a RM250. These cars run on alcohol and I am using benol. Today I pulled the head off and the motor was spotless inside. The cylinder walls were really shiny, the piston was barely black, and I used my finger to wipe th exhaut ports clean in about 2 passes. There is no carbon anywhere in this motor. Right now its on a .105 jet and will go bigger when it gets hotter out. The reason the head came off is because I looked inside and looked at thehead and it was all cut looking. I took it off and it looks like it melted a piston, and sprayed the head with metal off the piston and th ekid who had this before never changed heads. Will this hury anything? Thanks

Old 05-13-2002, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

Duckman, the head being pecked up can cause a 5 or more hp decrease. Most shops can machine the pitting out of it. FTZ seems to be the top micro engine builder. I know they can do your head and probably other engine work. If your cylinder walls are shiny and have no hone marks, it needs to be bored with a new piston (given that your sleeve is not nikisiled). Alky wears rings and cylinder walls faster than gas. I have came to the conclusion this is because of the amount of fuel (over twice as much as gas) that is ran through the motor.

Check out FTZRacing.com. I stopped their shop today to pick up one of my banshee motors, and they are getting caught up so they can get to you soon.

Old 05-13-2002, 02:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

CUT LOOKING,,,mine did that,twas the crank rod bearing comming apart.Hope that ISN'T what happened to yours [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]