ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Signs of an awesome, growing sport!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002 | 11:25 PM
|
Pro Rider

All quad racers know that we don't get the respect that we deserve and for some reason, people seem to set us on a lower level compared to the bike riders. Well, lately the turn out of quad racers have been record breaking at a lot of GNC events and the technology of the factory quads seems to be stepping up as well, but a lot of people know that. So I thought I would share a couple of signs at the local level around here.

Rnd 1 of the TLSS at Swan... I pulled into the gate on Sat. night, getting ready to camp out there for the Sunday races. When I talked to the guy at the gate, he said, "Another quad racer?!?!" I was like, yeah, is there a lot here? and he said that there was more quad riders there than he could ever remember seeing at that track. We ended up having 8 exp. class riders on the gate and 23 amt. class riders. The starting gate holds 40 bike riders and since we take up almost 2 gates per rider, we had the whole gate full and a couple of people lined up behind the line (sucks to be them). Well, everyone thought that that was just a one time deal and after that day, there wouldn't be many quads show up anymore.

I missed Rnd 2 but then last weekend was Rnd 3 or the same series... Well, the man at the gate was suprised, once again, and this time it turned out that there were around 6 or 7 exp. riders and 24 amt. riders. Once again, more than anyone had ever expected.

The TQRA races (Texoma quad racing assosiation) also had a record breaking number of entries... again.

Well thats just a few examples of how we're doin over here in Texas... how about you guys in other areas?

Old 05-01-2002 | 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

this saturday evening we start a new series at SIR(seattle international raceway) now re-named Pacific Raceways, due to new ownership. it is not a sanctioned track, but it is the closest one to seattle... next nearest is about 100 miles.
the friday night MX series was getting so crowded with quads they had to move them to a seperate night. now bikes will run on friday night, quads & vintage bikes on saturday, and everyone can practice every wednesday before a race. in doing this, they also expanded(almost doubled) the number of classes available for quads, but they also raised the price to race. i was told that last season they would have between 150-200 quad riders at each race, they hope for a regular turn out of around 200 this year at each race. i will try to make as many as i can afford & have time for. i'll be there saturday, and see how it goes...

no matter how it's looked at, ATV racing is growing all over the place.

Old 05-03-2002 | 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

YoDaddy is 100% right. The sport is growing. TQRA's last signup had 84 entries, and NONE of them are seen at the TLSS. Which, on a TQRA/TLSS weekend, if both were on at the same time, that would be about 150 quad racers around East Tx. I never knew there were so many fast machines around here! The owner of our home track, Badlands MX is now the Track Director of the TQRA, and has often said the spectators enjoy watching quads more than bikes! The owner of Fourstates MX said the very same thing. He actually said that more people come out to watch the quads than the bikes!!

ATV Racing? Full Steam Ahead!