ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

PRO's eh?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lt80,
i agree with SaMsOn. you shouldn't bad mouth other series or riders and how brave they are. what are you trying to say ? jones is afraid of tt? right. at least he has the guts to run the gncc series. oh by the way the only nationally televised series for quads. so what does that tell ya. by the way, wishing jones had a flat is quite immature for a guy that's 40 plus...

Old 07-20-2002, 11:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Hehe you guys are easy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Ya gotta see the humor man. BUT,Adam,you apparently didn't hear that the London Ky.and Red Bud race had unpresidented rider turnout,better than LL (looser lorretta's) last year,weaker,not a bit.
660: Afraid? Banger the announcer thought so. Maybe not, but it sure is lame,(Jones not showing up)You must have missed the Georgia MX on TV last week.Badmouthing other series??It's a fact that TT is the fastest.If your mommy lets you go fast,you can come to the Pine Lake TT this weekend,It's only about 2 hours from Olean [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Don't think I'm a hippocrite,,I can't wait to rag em to their face!
And I agree with whoever that if you don't like one style then don't do it,,you'll get hurt. But Pro's are Pro's,,the crowd EXPECTS them to be there.
Gidday gents.

Old 07-21-2002, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

lt80, why don't you come to my race at rew p.a aug 4th , or are you arfiaad of running on a 6 mile course for 1 1/2 hours and smacking a few trees. i run the vet class and would love to see you there, since your not scared... what channel was the mx on ? and when will tt be on tv? since it's the fastest... or is drag racing faster ? are you sure your name isn't knowsalot? hehehehehe good luck at pine lake next week.

Old 07-21-2002, 11:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

REW!! I loved the Rew F.D. poker runs.That area is sooooo beautifull.Do they still have them? It's been a few years since I have been there,sounds fun.If it looks like I will be able to come up on the 4th I will PM you(660) for info.I have been known to take on a tree,in fact,I have a leager custom 2 piece steering stem from a GNCC [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Good luck on the 4th [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2002, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

Well I could go on for days about this subject here!!!

This is what the GNC asked for this year when they split the series. Unfortunately I have believed before and believe still this is the beginning of the end for national TT series. Since this desission of the GNC to split the series it was NOT taken well by anyone, any where.

It's politics now. Why would they want to go? There is no advantage for any of the pros to go to the TT any more. It has no bearing on the national championship, sponsorship, nor income. It's costly in many ways.

The GNC should change thier motto next year to worst series in america.

They are the most poorly run group of poeple there is. If any one has been to one of these you would know this. I was absolutely pissed this past year when they didn't uphold the motorcycle engine ban. Go and enter a C class at the GNC. I have knews for you, you don't stand a chance. Only place in the world you'll enter a C class and be racing against pro built chassis with 426 or 450 engines in them. This doesn't strike anyone as funny.

I'll tell you why the GNC is like this. Thier is a few rich poeple out there dumping thousands into there kids machines and racing. The GNC has found that it would be a better idea to cater to these rich poeple than the 600 or so amiture riders that show up.

It was mentioned on here about practicing. Is that a joke or what. The only thing you practice is how to crash and how to avoid crashing with all those poeple out there.

When you go to one of these events thier is like 600 entries. But except for the pro riders your just there for the donation of your almost $100 to get in the gate and enter.

The pros don't make the money nor have the support that many of you would think. They pull a ton of money out of thier own pockets. So money is a huge problem going into the second half of the season. The machines are a problem as well. Enless you were blessed with your machines holding up, this is a good time to get them back in shape and re-think the racing budget.

This is a very tough sport to just make, forget about racing in it. The GNC has no intentions of making it easier either.

Old 07-21-2002, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

cool lt80, i've got a custom 2 piece tierod that was developed and tested by a oak tree. hehehehe. i hope you can come. rew had a dice run last month. i didin't make it. you had to be registered,insured and join their club to run it. last year i was a sweeper for the rew event and really got a behind the scence look at what goes on , and i tell ya, it ain't easy putting on a event. see ya on the 4th !
rider#65 vet a

Old 07-21-2002, 01:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

I gotta give Gaff a high five!

Old 07-21-2002, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Well LT80, I'm not telling you anything you don't know.

We all have graet friends that go to these races. We all just sapport every one that saves all year just to make it to one. I just wish the GNC would realize this is not 1988 any more it's 2002.

I started racing in 1972 (a few years after LT started) I realize I have nothing for these extreamly talented locals and national calliber riders. But to look at them and watch them is just, wow nothing like when I was young.

The problem is, man they get all the way to a national race just to get dumped on. This is realy, realy sad. So when the poeple of this board or any board see the same ole names over and over again, thier is a reason for it.

Old 07-23-2002, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

LT80, I guess I didn't come across clear. I mean't that the turnout has gotten weaker and weaker since the first 3 races this year. I know that Daniel Boone's was packed I was there and am suprised I am still not stuck there! I know that ever since Red Bud the turnout has gotten substantially weaker. Parker Valley had less than 400, and I think Birch Creek was about the same. I think I read that the TT opener had less than 300 in Iowa.

I am glad that at least you will go and tell Jeremiah how you feel. It seems like he is a nice guy, he will probably even listen to you, but it doesn't mean he'll care.

Old 07-23-2002, 08:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

Thanks for pointing that out Adam,I understand your point now,and I must agree.
Yes JJ is a great guy,I think they all are actually.I talk to all of them at some point in the race season.
I think at the N.C. TT there were 270 or so entry's.
For those that think I was hard on them,,no hard feelings eh?! I'm just old school and cannot understand how a 50/50 vote meant the split of the series (congress needs a 2/3 vote,why not the ATVA)Every vote taken,miraculously came out 50/50,,not 49/51,60/40 etc. Doesn't that seem peculiar to you? And does that mean that the 50% that did NOT want the split should be ignored?
I feel that the media was at fault here. IF the media would have given the proper attention and rewards to the MX champs, TT champs, AND the overall champs,the split would be unnessesary. They did deserve more,much much more aknowledgement for their efforts![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]