ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

WOOOOOO WHAT IS IT???

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 05:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

For those that wasn't at the TT races this weekend,the new PREDITOR 500 was there,,well 2 of em actually.Seems that there is 2 teams (east and west coast)that haul 2 quads around,ride em,show em,etc.ROUGH JOB EH?! SOOOOO what are they I asked? apparently it's a secret! The machines have no markings.Wooooooo the suspence!!! I asked,even begged, to have them let me race one in the knobby tire class,but to no avail.I even explained that having me on one was a win-win situation! If I lost it surely couldn't be the machine's fault as a big-old fat man surely cannot race,,but if I won,It'd have to be a super quad to haul my fat butt around! They still wasn't biting,,so I took a cpl complimentary stickers and went to my pit area [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
It's a fine looking maching,and has the honda style carrier (too bad Suzuki didn't think that far ahead for the Z400).Altho it is like the Z-400 and Raptor,,sits high.Almost got a nose bleed sitting on it j/k...I can't wait to see them in action [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-16-2002, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The seat height is something like 32 inches right? I don't know whats with the new "performance" quads, they're way too tall/top heavy. I guess its the tall 4-stroke engines. If it's tall or heavy, I don't want it. Most of these new quads are both. I'll stick with my 250R until I find something better I guess.

I am interested to see the steering box/linkage on this new Polaris though. It's kindof a ban-aid fix for poor sterring geometry, but it's unique. I guess they'll be at Loretta's in a month?

Old 07-19-2002, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the beans have been spilled and confirmed. It is a Polaris, if you haven't already heard. It has a 51" wheelbase, is 47.5" wide and 415 lbs DRY. Not exactly what I would call a full on race machine!