ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

louisiana and mississippi racers please read

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we are trying to expand quad racing in the louisiana and mississippi tracks. we have two trackowners willing to give us our own race night. we also are trying to expand the quad classes. something like this
1. 250r, 400ex, cannondale, raptor
2. blaster, 300ex and other 300 cc and under 4 strokes
3. 90cc mini
4. 50cc mini
this class list is just an example, nothing is in concrete yet. we want to give everybody with a quad that wants to race a fair chance to be competetive, i think we can get more racers with this attitude. we are even thinking about running a utility class. i need interested people to contact me so i can get an estimate on how many quads we can put on the track on race night/day. a trackowner will not support this if only 6 or 8 quads show up. kip allen from ez-ride a cannondale/kasea dealer in brookhaven mississippi is very involved in this venture and is working very hard to help us quad riders out. kip is a great guy and will go ouy of his way to help fellow racers out, isaw him work on a guysquad for two hours at the track so the guy could race and not charge him a dime. the kicker is that he had never met this guy before. so e-mail me if your game.

markvette@webtv.net

Old 07-16-2002, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

The two classes being most common these days is the high performance and sport class.

The sports class is 350cc and below 4 strokes wich includes the blaster, I believe the blaster has a cc limit as far as big bore kits go thow.

The high performance quads is a 440 limit wich includes the banshee and all the 250 2 strokes. I realy don't understand why they don't let the raptor in that one. Must be for a future open class.

But I'm in. Thier will be more quads around when it cools off some. Hopefully the winter series will be good this year.

Old 07-16-2002, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

Gaff
that wsa just an example, the classes havent been worked out yet. i was just trying to show people that we were trying to include everyone. i dont know if this ia gonna work, people have not shown much interest. i guess they want to continue to get crapped on by the bike guys. i thought everyone would jump at this idea but maybe i'm wrong, i hope not. josh didnt get to race saturday night,he broke a rear shock in practice. there was 10 quads there, special ran second in both motos. looks like we are off this weekend but never know till usually wednesday or thursday. where is a good place to get a hipo. cam for my warrior ? gonna have to do a top end job on it soon so i figure i'll put in a wiseco 10.25 piston and hipo cam while i got it tore down. you heard anything about that dial a jet. sounds neat and better than changing jets all the time. talk to you later

Old 07-17-2002, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

I was at Gonzoules last night, about 15 quads. I talked with just about all of them and they are all interested. I still believe flyers or some thing will be the way.

I also noticed but never realized, each track has a bike shop very involved with them. Like up there it's D&G cycle. Over in hammon it's champion cycle, and every here around here it's either the cycle shop in kenner or cycle world in houma.

So if we were to circulate any ideas or events threw these 4, 5 places I believe you could get the word out to hundreds in just a couple weeks.

As far as the warrior goes I know about a gabillion kits for them. Try contacting mega cycle, they sell the wiseco with springs and a cam that match up very well. The warrior has endless upgrades to it. Although i see poeple all the time mix matching parts and realy messing them up. I'll get all the warrior info and kits and get them out to you tomorrow.

Old 07-17-2002, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

i will try to reach kip today. at rock hill he said they were about ready to print up the flyers and it seems we have a lot more interest than i thought we had. i spoke to a few parents at rock hill and all said if there was a mini class their kids would race. like i said before, you see a lot of small 4 wheelers in the pits at all the races. i just read on holeshots ez-board that the tracks up for sale but i had already heard that a week ago. right now shes askingto much for it but the price will come down when she has to pay yhem lease payments a couple of months with nothing coming in from races.that sounds great on my warrior. i would rather have a kit so all the parts match and work together. i'll get back to you after i talk to kip.

Old 07-18-2002, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

Mark.

Thier is a huge interest in quad racing, youth or adult. I have been talking with a bunch down this way and they are all very interested.

At gonzales they don't inforce the age limit, if you go out there you will see alot of youngsters on the blasters. They do graet, we realy make a big deal out of them racing to insure they know we want them back.

Anything you could email me or fax as far as flyers or events I can get them around fast and to the rite poeple.

The only complaint I realy hier on why not so many poeple race is just no classes. Like in this forum poeple believe just because you ride a raptor, 440, or 400 your a shoe in for racing. As you and I and any one else that races in here knows, any given sunday any one can win or place no matter what you ride. Sure having a state of the art quad doesn't hurt at all, but no reason not to race.

Anything I can do just give me a yell.

Old 07-18-2002, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

i spoke to kip yesterday, he will be out of town till the first of next week and then plans to get this thing going full speed. i appreciate your help and will keep you posted on our progress and when we have the flyers printed i will make sure you get some. you are right about what you are riding. my son started in march on a blaster and placed in all three races he ran in and that was running with all the big boys too. it would be better for them to have their own class so they could be more competive and have a better chance at that first place trophy. i also know a lot of kids that dont race because they figure they cant win against the dales, r's and 400ex. we are not racing this weekend but will be back at rock hill the next and then fernwood the next after that.special said he was gonna race gonzales this weekend, i would love to go watch but think i am going fishing. havent been in 2 months because of all this racing. talk to you later.

Old 07-18-2002, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Well me personaly mark, I believe it is getting closer for me to just start supporting every thing and let the racing go to the yonger crowd.

I've been giving them He!! and trying to get alot more involved as far as the youth goes. But man my old body has been taking a beating.

So in short I'm still going to hang in thier some just to let the track hot shots know thier still is a couple old guys out thier that will give them a run for thier money. But I think I will be doing more sapporting and organizing than racing after this year, so any thing I can do to help, you build it I'll get them to come.

Old 07-20-2002, 01:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey I would have responded earlier but I don't come to this part very much. I would be intrested in it alot. If you get some fliers that I could print or copy I would gladly hand them out around here. I have a good relasionship with one of the shops here and I am sure they would hand them out as well. I wouldn't make every race, probably closer to 35% but it would be great to have an all quad day/night.

Old 07-20-2002, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider

the race has been scheduled for sept. 14 at fernwood mississippi. the final details have not been all worked out yet but i will post when i know more.you can read more at the cannondale forum site. kip allen with ez-ride has posted some info there. thanks for your interest, we need all the help we can get