ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Racing in the North East

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 02:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing in the North East

I live in MA im looking for any racing in the North East (XC or MX) and any scrambles. I heard there is racing at south wick but there site didnt have any dates. Any help would be greta since i can finnaly afford to race!

Old 12-09-2002, 09:47 AM
Range Rover

www.neatv-mx.com is the site. check it out

Old 12-12-2002, 02:00 AM
Range Rover

No more MX racing in MA area till spring. neatv-mx is looking to have a great schedule next year. Two two-day events. One being the nationals! the other will be the Naccaratto memorial again. Should be another great year. If interested in ice racing, Hamilton Rod & Gun has ice racing every Sunday once there is ice and marco the owner of Jolly Rodgers in NH is building and ice pond this year too.

Old 12-13-2002, 12:06 PM
Trailblazer

Guys, I am the media /sponsor rep for neatv-mx. The best place to go is www.neatv-mx.com we have 9 races next year and a possible tenth. The National is not our event but it is at Southwick . The memorial race is a 2 day event this year Oct 11-12 , and should be bigger and better than last year(more sponsors,bigger purse etc.)Any questions go to the website and the contact info is all there . Happy holidays to all .

Old 12-13-2002, 01:52 PM
Range Rover

jake14,

I live in westfield also, you don't happen to work for the westfield PD by any chance? If not then it must be a different person that I know in westfield that's part of the neatv-mx.

derek

Old 12-13-2002, 02:08 PM
Trailblazer

No thats me same person . Who is Raptor guy?
Jason

Old 12-13-2002, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

What is going to be different between the National at Southwick and a regular event?

I race the 30+ class (#19 250R) and wonder if I will need to do anything different? Any special memberships (other than ATVA and NEATV-MX)?

How are the rule changes coming with the youth classes? I know the ATVA passed the rules, and I hope we adapt the new class structure. If there is a problem, is it with the tracks or insurance?

Is NEATV-MX going to be a sanctioned race series? I heard that the change in youth classes from the early years of the series to last years AMA standard was to have our series sanctioned. I know our region is listed as District 1 and from previous conversations with Doug Morris was that no one every applied.

The NEATV-MX website should have a small forums for questions and answers. Or a place to just talk to other racers. Just an idea. (That and the buttons on the left side of the website do not work thru my work firewall. Some other websites have the same problem. If hyperlinks could be made on the bottom of the page, I could browse the whole site.)

Old 12-13-2002, 04:57 PM
Trailblazer

Lasher, I also race the 30+ #14x. the new class structure has been accepted in a modified form. The National will be run by ATVA not us . That means expect higher fees per class raced ,higher gate fees , less parking area, and everything else that comes with a National event. The sanctioning we are trying to put in place for this year so that SHOULD happen . I talk to Doug Morris about twice amonth and we are working on that for this year otherwise , The only other thing I know for sure is we will not be going to Walden this year I dont know why but that fell through. Keep your eyes peeled on the website the new rules and the way they are being implemented. Happy Holidays
Jason NEATV-MX medoa /sponsor Rep.

Old 12-13-2002, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Right after I posted the message, I got an email from Marc Hallee. Glad to hear you guys are running the new age groups.

I have talked to you before on line, but the only race where I could have met up with you was the Nacs Memorial Race. I was busy enough that day, I can only imagine what you guys were doing.

I figured on all the higher fees and less parking for the National. I just wanted to know what to expect for the race sign up. I am looking forward to the two day races next year. And the sad thing is, April will be here all too soon and I will be up all night trying to get my quad back together in time. Never fails.

Old 12-14-2002, 08:48 AM
Range Rover

Hey Raptorguy, Did you ice race last year or the year before?

Quick Reply: Racing in the North East