ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Predator vs Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator vs Banshee

Originally posted by: steroidboy
I have a 05 predator 500 with a full system HMF exhaust and a 560 big bore kit...any bike that ive been up against ive beat them....ive beaten raptors..yfz...banshees...i have over 5 grand in my bike..and questions ..my email is Quintonr500@yahoo.com or my aol name is Big Juiced

Umm in your sig. you SAY its stock??

And to say the DS is not a good bike..for who?.... You?

I smell BS...

Old 09-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: heatseeker8
Originally posted by: steroidboy
I have a 05 predator 500 with a full system HMF exhaust and a 560 big bore kit...any bike that ive been up against ive beat them....ive beaten raptors..yfz...banshees...i have over 5 grand in my bike..and questions ..my email is Quintonr500@yahoo.com or my aol name is Big Juiced

Umm in your sig. you SAY its stock??

And to say the DS is not a good bike..for who?.... You?

I smell BS...
Yep, not hard to catch a wiff of the stench coming off that post.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Trailblazer

They are both very fast machines. I would definitely have to say the Banshee has more power on the top end. The motors have to get screamin before they do any talking. The Predator has got ***** too though. The motor is still a screamer but it has a little more power in the midrange than a Banshee.

I have ridden both of these machines and will say that for sheer comfort the Predator is a better choice.

As far as drag racing goes, me and my buddy have raced on a dirt road on one of those perfect nights (cool,calm, just perfect for a motor) and the Predator won...several times...but only because of traction. The Predator sits a lot wider than the Banshee, so I would repeatedly hook up and pull away. The Banshee had me until it hit 3rd gear then it began to spin wildly.

I think they would be very close on pavement. I have beaten a '85 ATC250R on pavement if that tells anyone anything...and it was piped and jetted.

Wes

Old 10-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol......5 grand......For 5 grand, you could about all the predator you could handle at Nicholas Cycle.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: sportyroxx
ok, in a drag race i say the stock predator will beat the banshee.I like 4-strokes personally, because 2-strokes arent worth crap in trails, or climbing hills.And i heard the predator pulls 46 horses at the rear wheels.
Uhh what planet are you from. The banshee is the best hill climbing quad there is. Thats why it dominates the dunes.

Old 05-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Trailblazer

[quote]
Originally posted by: nitroman
Firehawk 1970 is right. Banshee is probably a lil faster if it is boared out. [quote]

Boring the cylinder out isnt making the quad any more power unless your talking a big bore....Porting will add the power....

Stock vs stock the banshee will win...
Piped vs Piped the banshee will win...

If your biggest concern is racing dont buy a predaturd

Old 05-17-2006, 11:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Honestly I dont see why predators get any revier....Ive raced my YFZ against 2 of them and riddin both that i crushed and they SUCK... Way too top heavy, short as heck power curve, turn like a top heavy bus, and land like a tank....You guys should really look at the 450 class...they cost more for a reason...but i am a previous Banshee owner and will vouche for their speed and nimbleness, yeah the gear ratios are super close and quick, but with some pro circuit pipes that'll broad that out...and yeah it kinda sux in the tight trails because you always have to shift to keep it in the power band, but if done so correctly...its certainly not slower than a 4 stroke...unless you put it vs the YFZ450...it has tourqe like a big bore 4-stroke yet runs R's like a 2stroke on crack...stock redline is 12,000 RPMs...dare any other quad to even try it.

Old 05-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: BADSHEE
Old post but i thought i would add my 2cents.
i bought my banshee for 1700.00 stock, i have since added a lonestar axel and hubs vito's power pistons, hi rev cdi, ricky stator and flywheel, boost bottle, toomy t-6 pipes and silencers, jet kit, shaved the head, and new rims i hated the gold witch didnt do sh@t for power but i gotta tell you the other things sure did and im still under 3k invested. i race my buddies on 450r's well i let them think they can keep up but i dont like riding alone......... i dont know anything that can keep up and as far as trail riding its allot of fun! i have also installed an aftermarket car transmission cooler inline that keeps it cool. I'm going to try cam 2 soon but havnt gotten around to it i dont need it but want to see how much of a gain it gives me. the one thing i really notice since doing all the work is that 6th gear is really usable now power till it runs out of rev " witch is pretty freakin fast!" 4 strokes and tampons have allot in common lol but seriously never felt the same rush on a four stroke.
I dont know if you know ANYTHING about quads as youve just told everyone you want to CAM a frigging 2-stroke....2 STROKES DONT HAVE CAMS!!!!

Old 05-17-2006, 11:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Speedster700HP
Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
STOCK- Banshee 0-30 mph 3.77 -- 0-45 mph 8.48 -- 20-40 mph 4.23
Predator 0-30 mph 3.21 -- 0-45 mph 6.98 -- 20-40 mph 3.20
atvs

In 8 seconds (with traction), Banshees have often been at 85mph with some mods in 1/8th mile drags, think about it, 0-45 mph in 8 seconds in slower than MINIVAN!! And a Banshee would definitely stomp a minivan, especially 0-45 mph and/or the 1/8th mile.......
Well said...no banshee takes 8 seconds to get to 45 mph...i owned a 96 banshee and ide have it topped out at 75 MPH stock in under 8....have you ever heard a banshee run gears????apparently not...

Old 05-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Trailblazer

Quick Reply: Predator vs Banshee