ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Predator vs Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2003, 07:36 PM
Default Predator vs Banshee

Whatever!, everyone knows that the Banshee is and will remain the Sand King!! f*&ck that mx crap

Old 03-17-2003, 06:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Instead of asking others, how about trying to ride both and seeing which one you like best for yourself. When I built my quad, I had a 250R engine with a fully built 330 kit and a stock YZ426 engine. According to theory the 2-stroke should have been faster, but in reality the YZ426 was faster than my built 330 in a drag and on the track. A 405 ft drag on grass, the YZ did it in 6.81 sec, the 330 did it in 7.12 sec, which is allot actually. My point is where are you riding? OK, say the banshee is faster in a drag, but if you are in an MX race or in the woods, handling rules and the Banshees don't do that side all that well. Plus conditions are rarely perfect, so a strong thumper has an advantage of being able to find traction where a high-strung 2-stroke will keep you searching for it. Also the 2-stroke will tire you much more than a 4-stroke.

I actually ride a Predator now as well for a sponsor and it runs well, not 43 or 46 HP like some claim, the 43 is with a pipe. I spoke to Gary Jones at WB and he told me that's what they dino'd it at when they put the pipe on, which isn't bad.

If you want my opppinion as everyone else has thiers...If you are strictly going to drag on a prepped drag strip or in the dunes and plan on building it for that, than yea I'd say a shee would be best. But if you are doing anything else, my own personal oppinion is I would rather ride a 440EX, Predator, Z400, or whatever than a Banshee.

But like I said, ride both then decide for yourself.

Adam

PS: Try doing the 90ft triple I was hitting on my Predator (with stock suspension) with a stock Banshee and let me know how you feel when you land... Granted, the Predator's suspension and chassis design in the front-end could be better, but it's definitly better than a Banshee! Point being if you want something you can buy and can ride it in stock form and have fun playing around, the Predator will most likely be better...in my oppinion.

Old 03-26-2003, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

hey i dont know if were still on the predator vs banshee subject but i found these videos somewhere and it has some stock banshee vs stock predator races. I think the videos are someone's from this site.

http://www.mcww.us/images/predator

Old 03-27-2003, 08:47 AM
Pro Rider

i put a vid clip of my predator running a banshee check it out
enjoy predator bros!! eat it up banshee guys
PREDATOR - vs - BANSHEE

you may want to right click and save as since its close to 2 megs

turbo bobby[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

vilnrk , man that was awesome.i love it ...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2003, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-24-2003, 11:36 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: dragomni
I am looking into the new Predator and am wondering which is faster in a drag race and top speed, Predator or Banshee. I know the Banshee dynoes 40.5hp to the wheels and the Predator 43hp to the wheels. The Banshee weighing about 375lbs and the Predator about 415lbs. The Predator I feel has a far superior chassis, suspension, and drivetrain, possibly a more efficient machine? I am not considering a Banshee, a friend has a couple of built up ones, 370 and a 420?. I know they should be faster, but how much difference are we talking? A broader and higher torque curve should be able to keep up with a peaky high rpm machine, such as with cars. Anyways, which is faster top speed and in a drag race?

in a drag a banshee will beat any atv ok so get a banshee if you are drag racing but if you will get on a track get a predator ok.

Old 05-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

My bro has a banshee and hes got all kinds of up grades and my cousin has a predator and we went out and dragged and the pred and banshee was about the same speed for the first 500 ft but the the banshee pulled away but when we went on the track there is really no fourwheeler that can match the predator . It really ate up the zilla and banshee in teh turns. OUt of these bikes pred is the best on to get unless u like working in teh garage 24/7

Old 05-25-2003, 08:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Firehawk 1970 is right. Banshee is probably a lil faster if it is boared out. But stock to stock teh pred will win . The pred is an awesome all around bike and if ur thinking about which bike to get pred or banshee there is 100% no doubt pred.

Old 05-25-2003, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

You can make anything out run a banshee!

Text
Even a polaris 4 stroker!!

Thats ok though, you polaris guys live in your own little world and we'll live in the real one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Predator vs Banshee