ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

MX Racing in Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 07:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MX Racing in Virginia

District 13 is beginning a new MX only series for quads on saturdays. It is going to include several tracks in Virginia and even Elizabeth City in North Carolina. For more info check out d13mx.com, ecmx.com and birchcreekmotorsports.com.

Old 01-18-2003, 02:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey ,
Adam I also live in Virginia , in Danville , im a member at birch creek , in fact about two years ago I met you there on a 300ex
pm message me when you want to meet up there again

Old 01-18-2003, 01:08 PM
Trailblazer

What's the deal with having open practice before the quads race though? I think it's kinda unfair that the track gets banged up, then we race, then the track gets perfectly groomed for the motorcycles to race on Sunday. Not to mention having to start racing in the mid afternoon. Now don't get me wrong, I'll take a rough track any time. Being able to have open practice is cool too. But doesn't it seem that we should race first, then have open practice available.

Old 01-18-2003, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

MXquadrider, did you go to the race Jan. 11, at ECMX? I didn't because of the Southern Atv banquet. The reason I ask is because the impression I got was that after open practice they would groom the track and then the atv program would start at 2:30. Also, for me I will take the practice first.

Old 01-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Trailblazer

No, I had to work. But I had a buddy go to the practice and he said they did not groom the track at all.

I'ts gonna be really hard for me and a bunch of my buds to do the Saturday racing thing. Most of us have to work.

Old 01-19-2003, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

I guess it is going to take time, but I am sure if we turn out in force it will become a good series. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a good schedule for you MXquadrider being you have to work on saturday. For me I like it better because at least I can rest up for work on Sunday, and won't be 5 hrs away from home on a Sunday night when I have to work at 7 a.m. the next morning. Just like anything else it is not perfect, but I think it is a good step forward for those of us who like MX racing.

From what we were told the Southern Atv series is going to become a TT only series, which might help the turnout for D13 some. I know of several people who raced in Southern ATV in the spring when it was a split series and really prefer MX. Personally, I liked the split series, but it just wasn't working at all for promoters. Hopefully, this new D13 schedule will work for racers and promoters alike. If they can't at least break even on us they are not gonna put up with us for long.

At the banquet they said the Fall TT series had over 100 riders at each TT event. Do you know how many showed up at the ECMX race MXQuadrider? I was just curious if it was a big quad turnout or not. I know the D13 race I went to in Feb, at ECMX had like 20, 4 strokes and 12 or so 2 strokes. Jay, and MXQuadrider, let me know if either of you guys are gonna be at a certain race I'll look for you at the track.

Old 01-19-2003, 11:42 AM
Trailblazer

I'm not sure how many showed up. I'll ask my bud and repost again later. Just look for the big rig with MX World on the side, or a box van with Actiontown Sports Paintball. That's where you'l find us.

Old 01-19-2003, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Adam , do you remember me though , I met you at Birch Creek on a saturday and we rode , I had a 300ex and you had a 400ex ,(hows the crf450). My name is Justin , I'll be at the nationals at birch creek this year and some district races around here .

Old 01-19-2003, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, Justin I remember you. I pm'd you did you not get it? Anyway, email me or I will email you. Good to hear from you, and as soon as this snow melts we should meet up at Birch Creek.

Old 01-31-2003, 08:06 AM
Pro Rider

I looked at the results posted on d13mx.com looks like there was only about 35 riders at the first event. I guess it is a good start, but I hope it gets better. I imagine alot of people don't race during the winter.

Quick Reply: MX Racing in Virginia