Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Whats a good first sport atv

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2003, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a good first sport atv

First of all I don't want a blaster (too small) and don't like kawasaki mojave (too big,don't like kawasaki) I 'll stick to the warrior I don't really want to trade it in atv really soon. Thanks anyway!!!

Jace200sx

Old 09-22-2003, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

what do you mean by too big(mojave) the warrior is a bigger bike, as far as length and all the other. the warrior is a 350. anyways, as long as you have got a place to ride around, maybe a field or some other type of flat land, this should give you a chance to learn a clutch. i wouldn't get the warrior and rush out to the biggest hill around to climb, but if you give it some time and get comfortable using a manual trans. you should be alright.
later sparx

not sayin the warrior is faster, i really don't know, never raced the two.

Old 09-22-2003, 04:24 PM
Trailblazer

I didn't know what I was saying. I really don't like kawasaki, especially the mojave. I've heard so many bad things about them and noone likes them. I really don't want to trade in a quad real soon. People said I would get bored on a 250cc atv. I like yamaha way better and heard such good things about the warrior and the banshee (thinking about one of these aso). I would just start out riding with the manual clutch like you said. I would like a bigger bike just so I don't have to trade in really soon. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Jace200sx

Old 09-25-2003, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

I was in your exact same position a few months ago...after months of research and asking questions and such...I settled on a 250 ex for my first NEW quad. I am older than you, much actually, but I am not a speed demon, I just wanted a nice quad that is easy to own, easy to drive and easy to take care of. I looked at all the same quads you are looking at. I went with the 250ex cause of the Honda reputation for quality and the price mostly. I didn't have 6 grand, I only had 3 and change. For the money, there is nothing better out there. It is not at big as the Majove, as fast as the Blaster, but it has them all beat in all around quality and value.

I may get a bigger bike in the future, but for now I have not been disapointed at all with the 250ex. I also owned a Warrior a few years ago...good bike, bigger and faster that the 250ex, but about 2 grand more. The Warrior is really an old quad, it's been around forever....you can look at the two ways...it's proven it's value and people still buy it...or it's an out of date quad that needs an overhaul.

Whatever you choose, take care of it and it will take care of you, except for the Majove, it's a piece of crap.

Old 09-26-2003, 05:06 PM
Trailblazer

The only thing is I kinda have to cut back on money. I will have to a used atv no doubt. We are moving so I have to pay on my own. I will only be able to spend is about $2000. I know that does sound like alot but thats all I can afford [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]. I was looking into a suzuki lt250r, older yamaha warrior, or an older honda. I believe you about the mojave I hear so many bad things about them. Thanks for your help!!!!!

Jace200sx

Old 09-26-2003, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

The Mojave has a good engine from what I hear, but the rest of the bike is junk...you know the little stuff, but thats the stuff that will give you headaches. I owned a Warrior a few years back and it was pretty old, like a 89. It was also a bit abused, but I only paid 1000 bucks for it. After I put some money into it, it was a real good bike. I ended up putting a hole in the crankcase in the dunes....my chain came off on a hill, but it was my fault. You can get a good used bike for 2 grand, just be picky and don't buy the first one you look.

Old 09-26-2003, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer

Buy the 96 warior with the money you save then buy the prodesign air box kit and a good set of tire and have fun. A warior was my first sport bike it was a blast they have a low center of gravity and corner like a slot car with good tires.