Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Four Wheelers on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Four Wheelers on ebay

has anyone else noticed the four wheelers on ebay at very low prices? i have seen several raptors, yfz450 and so for under $3000. I wanted to find out what the deal was so i started emailing these people and they are all over seas. every seller said they were able to get these quads for a very low price and they sold so many that they were able to sell them cheap and still make a profit. I know what your thinking and it is to good to be true. I asked each would they be willing to use an escrow service and they all said they didn't want to wait that long for their money, takes about two weeks to complete the deal when using one. every seller said they would pay the shipping and the quad would be delivered to my door within 5 days of payment. they also all had over 100 positive feedbacks. now this is where it get shady. i checked to see what the feedbacks were from and they were all from items that cost $2 or $3. so they didn't have to spend much to get that many good feedbacks. also there was no quads on any of their feedbacks? what happened to all the quads they sold? another thing is i don't see them being able to get the qaud over here within five days! if someone was to send money to spain or italy there is nothing you can do if they just keep the money and don't send a quad,which probably doesn't exsist. if you see one of these auction try to go back and look at it the next day, it says unknown item. Bottom line if anyone is thinking of buying from one of these seller you better really check up on them and make sure they wil use an escrow service. i mean the escrow service protects the buyer and the seller why wouldn't they be willing to use one? and if you do buy one and you get a 2004 raptor for $3500 let me know so i can get one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2003, 05:56 PM
Trailblazer

Just to add to this, I just watched Tech TV last night and there was a guy on there that bought a $44000 porshe on ebay. He checked everything out on the buyer and even used an escrow service. Come to find out, the escrow service was a dummy company set up by the same people selling the car. So if you can't make the purchase in person, you'd better just stay away from it and spend your money at the local bike shop.

Old 10-31-2003, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't even bother - The cheap ATV's on ebay, especially the ones from overseas with the free shipping ARE ALL SCAMS!!!!!!!!!!!.

There is no deal here because these ATV's do not exist. There are a lot of different ways of working this scam to get your money, but in the end, that's all that will happen - you will loose your money and never see any of these ATV's.

Jaybee

Old 11-01-2003, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

use a well known escrow service and never one from another country. i purchased my supra from califonia, my excursion from oklahoma, my ds from arkansas and my suzuki from florida. seems i have a problem finding things locally? anyway i used an escrow service on all of them and it went very smooth. the quads the are auctioning on ebay fro $3500 for a brand new 2004 raptor? then they are going to pay shipping? if they were true every small dealer around here would be jumping on them! just trying to warn veryone check them out very good before you buy and i would stay away from the ones over seas. don't know about everyone else but i don't have the money to fly over there and kick their a#* for stealing my money at least here i can afford the gas to get to them.