Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Looking to purchase a sport atv

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to purchase a sport atv

I will mainly be driving on trails and hills. I would like something that will go and also has the ability to have aftermarket parts added for racing and speed and performance gains. What is the best out there right now?

Mercury

Old 11-04-2003, 09:35 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Z400. Or a Raptor if you want to go big bore (the bike is to narrow for my taste). The 450's will need some time before we know whether they are bulletproof or not.

Old 11-04-2003, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

Go with a Mojave or a KFX/z/dvx 400

Old 11-04-2003, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

raptor. get something with a reverse.

Old 11-04-2003, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

the predator is a good trail/sport quad and has pleanty of speed

Old 11-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Tough questions...you are probably going to get responses that are suited to individual taste. It would be nice if you could ride a few of the machines you are interested in to see what you like and dislike. I have a Raptor and love it but I haven't had the chance to ride much else so I couldn't give you an honest opinion. Try not to be too brand loyal, there a lot of nice machines on the market.

Old 11-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would definately try to ride a few different machines and see what is best for you! I prefer the Rappy but you may not.

Old 11-06-2003, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

For trails specifically, I would get a 4 stroke with reverse. I highly recommed the Z/KFX/AC400 as a great all-around quad with mod potential. If you want a bigger engine, as much as I like the Predator, I still believe you should have reverse, so you'd have to consider the Raptor.

Old 11-07-2003, 01:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

ok listen if u want a good sport quad that kick's @ss on the trails go with the warrior it's easily modable and can b bored to i think 430 and yes it will climb ne **** and more than a raptor can [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] don't think it has a lack of power it easily outclimbs the Z400.. u don't bleive me get some buddies and find out for yourself ....

Old 11-07-2003, 02:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Speedy2222
ok listen if u want a good sport quad that kick's @ss on the trails go with the warrior it's easily modable and can b bored to i think 430 and yes it will climb ne **** and more than a raptor can [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] don't think it has a lack of power it easily outclimbs the Z400.. u don't bleive me get some buddies and find out for yourself ....
Hey Speedy2222, I agree that the Warrior is a very nimble machine especially for trails. Those that put them down may not realize that they remain the #1 all time best selling ATV...that says a lot. However, I own both an 03' Warrior and an 04' Raptor. The Raptor is much better suited to me though I still like the Warrior. But to say the Warrior will climb as good or better than the Raptor. Ummmmm...I don't think so. Stock Warrior vs. Stock Raptor....no way. Higly modified Warrior vs. stock Raptor....maybe. Modified Warrior vs. modified Raptor....no way. Raptors are very easy to modify too you know....heard of the Big 727?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I speak from experience. I did a nice back flip down a very steep hill with my Warrior becase it just didn't quit have the torque to get me over the top. I took my stock Raptor up the same hill and shot of the top lip. It is what it is.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Looking to purchase a sport atv