Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

EBay Fraud - How To Spot It Buying An ATV

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBay Fraud - How To Spot It Buying An ATV

looks like the crooks are connected. i have been emailing them for a week or so and have sent out over 100 emails to these low life #ssholes. no when i try to ask the seller a question on ebay they never reply. looks like the have my name on a list not to answer.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

I email the frauds and here is the e-mail i got back.

No, fraud busters like me, drives you nuts because you have been taken or
you will be, and afterall, you have your own busters in your own coutry and
you are emailing me and threating me? Hahahaha, you make me laugh louder
than you, take your own **** and handle it and Believe ME AND LISTEN TO ME
WELL, WHEN I WILL SEE AN AMERICAN IN MY COUNTRY I WILL BLOW HIS BRAINS OUT
TO SEE HOW COOL IS THE WAR!!!!! That will be pretty funny around here, bye
my friend and as I said before don't waste your time emailing me, you have
other important stuff to do, you have been blocked.

( this guy is lost he never got a dime)

>From: "Funeral" <funeral@cableone.net>
>To: "Mark Johnson" <mrkjhnsn55@msn.com>
>Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #2446673085
>Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:23:10 -0600
>
>Stopping war... why? war is cool, fraud basters like you are pathetic
>people
>that needed more hugs from there mothers
>
>HE WHO LAUGHS LAST LAUGHS LOUDEST MUHAHAHAHAAA
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Mark Johnson" <mrkjhnsn55@msn.com>
>To: <funeral@cableone.net>
>Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 4:20 PM
>Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #2446673085
>
>
> > You and your FBI, all these emails don't mean nothing to FBI, whay do
>you
> > trust fbi so much when they don't give a **** on you or anybody else,
>***
> > you and your entire country, sometimes I wish to be more of us to ***
>some
> > morons like you who think that if you live there you have it all. No,
>you
> > have nothing and you are a tiny little **** rulled by others who are
>much
> > bigger than you and you think that wasting your time on ebay would make
>a
> > difference when infact nobody gives a **** on what you think or what you
>are
> > or what you do so eat **** and die mother ***** looser. you don't
>deserve
> > to breathe on this earth, make a better life stoping war, not me you
>fuking
> > stupid piece of ****.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > >From: "Funeral" <funeral@cableone.net>
> > >To: "Mark Johnson" <mrkjhnsn55@msn.com>
> > >Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #2446673085
> > >Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 16:07:44 -0600
> > >
> > >**** off you fuking fraud. i have already talked to the FBI and gave
>them
> > >all these e-mail addresses. you fuking scum are fuked. HAHAHAHA
> > >----- Original Message -----
> > >From: "Mark Johnson" <mrkjhnsn55@msn.com>
> > >To: <funeral@cableone.net>
> > >Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 1:48 PM
> > >Subject: RE: Question for seller -- Item #2446673085
> > >
> > >
> > > > Hello,
> > > >
> > > > The 2003 Honda Rincon 650cc 4x4 is new, comes with cover, front
>brush
> > >guard,
> > > > front/rear bumber, 2500# winch, Glacier plow, manual, menu and the
> > >original
> > > > documentation are in english, the speedometer is in miles, US specs,
>3
> > >years
> > > > US transferable extended warranty included. Awesome bike and
>condition
>,
> > > > brand new. As a shipping career I will use Lufthansa air cargo
>insured,
> > >all
> > > > the shipping/handling and insurance charges are included in the sale
> > >price.
> > > > The unit is being shipped from Holland and you wont have to pay for
> > >customs
> > > > or any additional taxes when it arrives in US, will take 4-5 working
> > >days
> > >to
> > > > be delivered. You will get the package with proper custom papers,
>clear
> > > > title, bill of sale signed by me as well, the atv will be shipped
>dry,
> > >no
> > > > oil, no fuel to your closest airport and then will be trailed to
>your
> > >door.
> > > > You will only support the money wire transfer fee. Buy it now price
>is
> > >3200
> > > > US$.
> > > >
> > > > Waiting for your reply,
> > > > Respectfully, Mark
> > > >
> > > > PS: If you're interested in saving some time and money we can
>arrange
>a
> > > > private deal for 2950 US$, just let me know.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > >From: funeral@cableone.net
> > > > >To: mrkjhnsn55@msn.com
> > > > >Subject: Question for seller -- Item #2446673085
> > > > >Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 22:02:52 PST
> > > > >
> > > > >Hey im intrested in buying this ATV from you ...mail me back let
>me
> > >know
> > > > >whats up with it
> > > > >--------------------
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >Question from: funeralsaresad
> > > > >Title of item: 2003 Honda Rincon 650cc 4x4
> > > > >Seller: aechief
> > > > >Starts: Dec-03-03 09:29:33 PST
> > > > >Ends: Dec-13-03 09:29:33 PST
> > > > >Price: Starts at $190.00
> > > > >To view the item, go to:
> > > > >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2446673085
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at
>http://www.ebay.com
> > > >
> > > > __________________________________________________ _______________
> > > > Tired of slow downloads and busy signals? Get a high-speed Internet
> > > > connection! Comparison-shop your local high-speed providers here.
> > > > https://broadband.msn.com
> > > >
> > >
> >
> > __________________________________________________ _______________
> > Our best dial-up offer is back. Get MSN Dial-up Internet Service for 6
> > months @ $9.95/month now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup
> >
>

__________________________________________________ _______________
Tired of slow downloads and busy signals? Get a high-speed Internet
connection! Comparison-shop your local high-speed providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com

Old 12-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Funeral, I have recieved three email responses exactly like the first one you got, except
the quads were Prairie 700, Grizzly, and, Sportsman 700. Two said the atvs were in Austria, one in Germany. And three different names and Ebay Ids were used. Sounds like these are all one guy or group working together. I sure wish we could bust them, or pop them. One or the other. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2003, 01:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, i think its a group of americans acting like arabs so that the hate is directed tward arabs ... in the idea that we already hate them. anyway im looking into contacting Ebay i have already spoken with my local PD and the FBI ... i want to see them burn.

Old 12-08-2003, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

any emails you get from a buyer that is running a scam or any emails you get from ebay recomending a seller from ebay or from ebay asking for your user I.D or password should be forwarded to spoof@ebay.com ebay never recomends a seller or ask for user info through emails. there are some emails going around that look like they were sent from ebay saying stuff like your account will be suspended if you do not verify your user I.D, password, email and contact info because you contact info is not correct. ebay never ask for this info except when you first register. this is how the #ssholes are stealing peoples I.Ds to run the scams. i have forwarded four of these to ebay and have gotten responces back for each. most of these scams are being run by Americans that are using phonie address over seas. once you send the money through western union it is forwarded back to the U.S to a bank account that is closed as soon as the crook gets the money out. i wish we could catch these sorry suckers and stack them out in a good ol east texas fire ant bed till they die, but the bad news is most will get away with their scams. hope this helps keep anyone that has read it from having their I.D stolen.

Old 12-10-2003, 08:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

First of all Thanks
These posts stopped me from wasting any more of my time.
No one messes with me and I am upset that there are people out there that would do this: Taking someone’s hard earned money that was to go to there ATV fun experience. I want to do something. Let’s start a war against them.
Here are my ideas. Let me know what you think.

1. Send stuff to authorities (seems like this does not work well or else no one above has said anything about it working I think)
2. Try to get it on local, national or any news. Here is Cincinnati they have a segment called “Don’t waste your money”. Maybe CBS, NBC or ABC news could get the word out.
3. I don’t know if this will work. Contact those that just sold little items to these frauds and see if they can add any more feedback like “ATV BUYERS BEWARE http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...id/370642.cfm” but it can only be 80 char so I could get a free redirections service to point to this page that would be shorter. I don’t know if you can leave feedback twice. Probable not. Just an idea.
4. This is where we joint together and start the war. I could code a program that could send a million emails with large attachments to any list of frauds. The emails could be from whoever (it is able to be set to anything is code from stop@fraudbusters.whatever) then we all keep an eye on eBay any once a new fraud posts something we all nail them. This way there email gets jammed and can’t rip anyone off. I could also increment the from field stop1@.. Stop2@... So that they can’t block.
5. Everyone email eBay and complain.
6. Anything and everything else.

What do you think? Any ideas?

Here are my emails

----------
Hello Sir , thanks for your interest in my sportsman 500 model 2004. I muste tell you like this bike is in a showroom condition, he will come with 18 miles and 40 hours , and he can be yours for only 2000.00 USD He never was involed in any tipe of accidents , no schratches , no dammage, all parts are original !! He will come with all parts and accesories, like he is in the pictures.
Right now I'm Italy , Rome with some fammily problems, but this is not a problem , because i will make the shipping via FedEx , and in this way , you will recive the bike at your home dor in 2 or 3 working days.I will pay the shipping ! . When you will recive the bike , also , you wiill recive the pink slip , the international warranty , and the clear title. The shipping will me made from Tulsa, OK .
Also , after you will recive the bike , you have 3 days to inspect all details , the bike and all the papers. Also , i reccomad you to make a inspection at a good dealer or service. If you like the bike , then we can close the deal , if not , send me back the bike , and you wil get all money back , without anny questions. I tell you all of this , because i know she is a incredible bike,with this bike you can feel the power and the speed, also , you must recognize , he look perfect . It is a perfect gift for christma! ss.
Please , let me know if that sounds good for you , and if you want to start the deal.
Thanks in advance.
P.S i will need the shipping address.
Best Regards
Rex Perenia
---------------------
I need pre-approval.

What is best method of payment? Could I ask for some easier method to contact you like phone (I feel more comfortable paying if I am able to contact you).
How will you send if you are in Italy?

Thanks
Xxx

+++++++++++++++
Hello Sir , thanks for your reply.
This incredible ATV can be your for 2000.00 USD. I thing this is a verry nice and fair play price. Now , i will tell you what is my terms.
I accept only Western Union ,because they hold the fastest payment metode. We will do in this way: You will make a wire transfer at 2000.00 USD at Western Union (you can find a Western Union office at www.westernunion.com), and , for your personal inshurance , you will put at the reciver name what name do you want (Your father , brother , sister name) but, at the reciver adress, you must put my adress. (Avde de Bon, n 64, 1700 Italy - Rome)
After you will recive the bike and you will make the inspection , in 3 days , you must email me and let me know if you want to keep-it or no. If you decided to keep-it , then you must make a call to Western Union ,and change the reciver name into my name to can collet my money.
After you will make the transfer , you wil must give me the info at the transaction , to check if everithing is ok (To check the transfer , i need Sender full name , reciver full name MTCN and the amount). If everithing is ok , then i will make the shipping ASAP, and i will provide you the FedEx tracking numer as soon as i get-it . Like i told you , the FedEx company, he will ship the bike to your home dor.When you will make the transfer , PLEASE , don't tell to western Union agent that you want to send money for a auction , because if you tell that , i will must pay extra fees here in my country when i will collet the money. Help me , and i will help you. If you do that , i will make the shipping like a gift and in this way , you will not pay extra comercial fees when you will recive the bike. I think this metod will work for bouth of us
After you will make the transaction , i will put you in the pre - aproved buyers list , and in this way , you will must bid , and win this auction. In that way , we will close the deal throuth eBay. After we will do the transaction , please don't forget to leave me a eBay feedbak , because this feedback is verry important for me.
I'll wait your next email .
Thanks
Warm Regards
Rex Perenia
-----------------
I would like to be able to win the auction before sending money. Is this possible? I tried to call western union but they seem to be closed at the moment. What time is it where you are at?

I am worried about this payment process because if there was a way you could get my money I would not be able to leave feedback because I did not buy it yet.
Xxxxx
+++++++++++++
xxxxxxxxx , i will let you to bid on my auction , only after you will make the transfer. If you want , you can make the wire transfer right now, using your credit card at www.westernunion.com . I don't know if you can make the transfer of 2000.00 USd uzing only oane credit card. if you cannot make a wire transfer , then i accept two transfers. You can make the transfer using two credit cards. If you cannot use your credit card , then make the transfer froma western union office. You can find a location from www.westernunion.com . When you will make the transfer , PLEASE , don't tell to western Union agent that you want to send money for a auction , because if you tell that , i will must pay extra fees here in my country when i will collet the money. Help me , and i will help you. If you do that , i will make the shipping like a gift and in this way , you will not pay extra co! mercial fees when you will recive the bike. I think this metod will work for bouth of us.
Thanks verry much for your understanding
Looking foroward to make business with you.
Best Regards

Rex Perenia
----------------
Why can’t you let me bid? -> “xxxxxxxxxxxxxx , i will let you to bid on my auction , only after you will make the transfer”
You have to understand my position. I am suppose to transfer money by a method I never used before over to another country. The person I ask questions to never answers all my questions. He will not let me bid until I transfer funds (I am not saying that you are going to but if you steal my money I can’t leave bad feedback). All of you feedback is from you buying not selling. Most of the things that you bought are at a low dollar value. (raise your feedback by small amounts and steal a big amount). You insist not to give me any way of contacting you other than email. You are in one country selling an Item from another country. It seems a little strange, so pardon me for being cautious. I have never ebay outside the country before.

Do you have a paypal account? You purchase so many things on ebay I would think you would have to.

I need to contact western union to verify that you process will work as you say it will.

Thanks for you understanding,

P.S. Please try to answer all the questions I ask.

No reply

Next
------------------
Could I get your phone number I had a few questions.

Why are you selling
Anything wrong
Any other models
and so on
+++++++++++++
i need the money for chrismas and also i have a problem at the bank and must to be resolved until 23 DEC. here is a list of modela that i have for sale . 2000 POLARIS Expedition 425 at 1900$
2000 POLARIS Sportsman 335 4x4 2000$
2004 POLARIS SPORTSMAN 600 2200$
POLARIS SCRAMBLER 500 HO 4X4 2100$
Kawasaki Prairie 400 4X4 at 2400$
if you decide to buy more than on e i will be able to make you a discount up to 15% . Waiting your email asap !!
----------------
Do you have pictures of 2004 POLARIS SPORTSMAN 600.
Why are you in London and selling ATV's in US?

+++++++++++++
The unit is being shipped from PORTUGAL and you wont have to pay for customs or any additional taxes when it arrives in the US. It will take 3-4 working days to be delivered. You will get the package with proper custom papers, clear title, bill of sale signed by me. The machine will be shipped dry, with no oil or fuel to your closest FedEx terminal.I will pay for the shipping and insurance taxes via FedEx. Shipment will be made by FedEX air from PORTUGAL.
Waiting your email .
also i attach you a photo .
----------------------
Is this a picture of the ATV for sale? It looks like it has been ridden a bit for being a 2004 model. How can it be shipped to the usa and be cheaper than selling it in Portugal?
++++++++++++++++
if i sell them in to USA i will benefit from the Portugal goverment so that's why i sell them so cheap . the units has only 150hours running. Waiting your replay asap!
---------------
What is you preferred method of payment? Do you have some method I can contact you? (Phone) Are you at the ATV. Is it your Personal ATV. Do you know how well it runs.
++++++++++++++++++
The payment must be done using a money order service..THE SHIPPING IS FREE AT YOUR ADRESS. You will arrange payment through Western Union .As soon as the payment will be confirmed and the money properly sent, i will IMMEDIATELY proceed with shipping If you agree with these terms,let me know and i will be more than
glad to
start to complete the transaction with you.
----------------
I am really not into the yellow. I think I am going to pass this time.

Thanks
++++++++++++++
PLEASE TELL ME WHY?
WAITING!
--------------------------
I am really not into the yellow. And if I don't want to buy, I don't have to.

End

Ok I really am in the market for two new trail Bosses (Me and my wife trail riding). Is that a good ATV for the money? What does the dealer get them for? Any place near Ohio that has good deals?

Let me know what you think about my suggestions. Let me know yours. Thanks.

Old 12-13-2003, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

A few words from across the water

Im glad you guys have sussed this out for what it is. there are also a lot of these scams in the uk e bay site when contacted the bikes turn out to be in portugal or similar. One guy had four for sale so i told him i would drive over with a truck and pay him cash in hand.
But he would have to prove he was where he said he was. No reply. unfortunatly with xmas coming a lot of peaple who arent familiar with the atv market are shopping for kids ect and a few have been caught out. If any one gets conned by some one in the uk and you have any info on them please get in touch and i will try to find them and have them dragged around the streets tied to the back of a quad.

stevenwiseman250@hotmail.com

Old 12-23-2003, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check this out on Ebay
Item # 2449584119
Pretty interesting. Need more people like this

Old 12-23-2003, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Real or Scam??????
Eaby #2450172447

Old 12-24-2003, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

Give me the description, supposed location and price. Does he only allow "pre-approved" bidders? Does he only accept Money Order or Wire Transfer? Bad feedback rating?

Quick Reply: EBay Fraud - How To Spot It Buying An ATV