Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Are you buying your quad with cash or financing? ..........Anybody a Dave Ramsey fan?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you buying your quad with cash or financing? ..........Anybody a Dave Ramsey fan?

Cash for me
I wouldn't take out a loan for a toy.
For me it feels a lot better when I go out riding knowing that it's 100% mine and if I do mess it up i'm not making payments on something that's broke.

Old 03-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Are you buying your quad with cash or financing? ..........Anybody a Dave Ramsey fan?

Hey guys. my 1st post here. Hoping to gain some knowledge from ya'll. I've got a question. Will dealers come down from the MSRP on a cash deal? If so, how much do you think they would come down on a new atv costing around $7500.00? (like a sportsman 700) Thanks fella's in advance..

Old 03-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

txlefty:

Cash still talks on ATV showroom floors. I just bought a new wolverine for 4760 + tax. This included a 160 setup fee. The MSRP on the Wolverine is 5199. Many dealers add a freight and setup fee on top of the MSRP. Another Yamaha dealer just a few miles down the road said that their best price was MSRP plus 350 bucks. This put it at around 5600 + tax. I saved 800 bucks by shopping around. Also the salesman said that he made more money on the sale because I paid cash.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I would not give a dealer the time of day if they could not get you the bike you want + all fees for the MSRP or less. And shop around. The internet helps.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

And who is Dave Ramsey???

Old 03-26-2004, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

Catterman:

Dave Ramsey is a Christian based financial teacher. He also host a radio talk show. He started in Tennessee but has been spanning the nation. He'll probably be in most states soon. I started listening to his show when I was in college. He really woke my wife and me up. We paid off over 60K in debt within 18 months and have of late been saving for our house down payment. We also started some Roth IRA with some mutual funds. I can't stress enough the impact Dave's radio program had on my life.
And the neat thing about it is that it is just "common sense". Anyone who would like to learn more about personal finance can go to http://www.daveramsey.com. Listen to his live show or go the the archives and give him 30 or 40 minutes. You will get a kick out of it and may get hooked.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2004, 11:14 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Ok are you ready and say it loud "I am debt free."

Madwolverine will know what I am talking about.

He gives listeners good financial advice.

Old 03-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Madwolverine, thanks for the info! Here I was thinking he was some kind of singer or something. Living way out in Alaska, we only get 2 radio stations, one of them does happen to be a Christain station, but he is not on there. I think it is Ron Blue who talks about finances on our station. I checked out his sight, looks great so far. Way to go on paying off your debt! That is awesome. I totally agree with that, my wife and I are only 27, but we are debt free, even with our school loans. Now we make payments into a savings account for a house and Roth IRA's for our retirement! Always nice to meet another Christain too!

Old 03-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

cool thread

Old 03-26-2004, 02:46 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I have been listening to Dave Ramsey for years and some of the problems people get there selfs into with poor money management is a never ending story, easy one is credit cards.

I have a few mutual funds just to be diversified but I feel that there comes a point where the risk/reward ratio favors individual stocks with a minimum of at least ten divided equally at purchase time in different sectors of the market and then use there dividend reinvestment plans for the long term approach. Basically you can create your own mutual fund with greater long term returns than the average mutual fund but I would only do this after you have achieved what Dave Ramsey suggests on his program.

Old 03-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Range Rover

Good post, it is refreshing to read a intelligence subject instead of some kid trying to p-ss his neighbors off with a loud pipe. Pay cash as much as possible and try to stay away from using credit cards unless you can pay off the balance at the end of each month. My hat is off to you younger people that are investing in Roth IRA'S, your never to young to start saving for your retirement. You are the ones that will have a nice retirement. lol