Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

dang parents

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn parents

i have wanted a 400ex for like 5 years and i have a great job. they wont let me finance a quad and i know that i could handle the responsability. i have a ton of money in the bank for college but i cant take any money out of it until college and i cant use it for anything but college. i think it sucks. what should i do i have been trying to talk them into it for like 5 years and they still wont let me.

Old 05-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default damn parents

wait until you are 18 and buy the quad you want and if they ask you to come over for dinner or something. Just tell them you are trying to catch up for lost time on the 400ex [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] lol

Old 05-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default damn parents

Good move by your parents. Trust me, you dont want a loan hanging over your head any sooner than you have to.

Old 05-05-2004, 12:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default damn parents

Your parents are just trying to look out for your best interests. Sometimes you might want something really bad and then when you get it under a loan. It just doesn't seem as important as it did originally. After a while you'll wish you never got the loan. You could start a extra savings account to save up for a quad. You could also go to school, graduate, and then buy anything you want.

You really can't be mad at your parents for wanting the best for you. Now if your parents take your college money and buy a quad for themselves. Now that would **** me off.

Old 05-05-2004, 08:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default damn parents

Listen to Coyotechaser

You could also go to school, graduate, and then buy anything you want

Old 05-05-2004, 09:43 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Default damn parents

What about a compromise like a cheaper used one rather than new??? And think twice before you call you parents "damn"!

Old 05-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default damn parents

i make plenty of money to finance a quad trust me i easily make 400 bucks a week in the summer i know that isnt a ton, but for a 17 year old kid that is plenty of money to pay off a quad and have all the spendin money i want.

Old 05-05-2004, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default damn parents

and my dad wouuld never ever let me buy something used. i think he would dis own me. the only way i could get a used one is if he knew the person really well and knew how he took care of the machine.

Old 05-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default dang parents

Cleaned up the cursing in your title. Your parents should wash your mouth out and stick a foot in your rear for cursing them.
Gary

Old 05-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default dang parents

If you "made enough money" you wouldnt have mentioned financing a toy.
Think about it. A loan is for houses and cars. Cash is for toys.
Facts of LIFE. Facts of a good life anyways.
Go get the CASH then plunk it down for a quad, because you dont have one yet w/o financing means that you dont dont have enough cash on hand to own one yet...example what are you going to do when you need parts and or accesories? Finace them? Something is going to break or come up as a must have and wa-la you dont have the jack to buy it...prooves you dont NEED to finance a quad.
SUCKS I know but hard truth.
Example of what your parents are trying to keep you from...new car loan w/ good credit today 4.91% Bad credit 17.88% Bad credit screws up the economy of OUR country.
KEEP your CREDIT CLEAN and live better! This is good advise.
Go get another job and buy that baby w/ cashola.

Quick Reply: dang parents