Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

2001 Blaster vs 2001 Mojave

Old 08-07-2000, 11:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a new ATVer, I come from a road bike background (99 CBR900rr) and I am looking to get an ATV for my wife, I'm gonna buy a dirt bike for myself. It has come down to a blaster or a mojave. I'm kinda stuck as to which one to choose. Any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanx!!

Old 08-08-2000, 09:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

You should look into the 300EX. It has reverse, electric start, and it's a 4 stroke. Plus nothing beats a Honda when in the reliability category.

Old 08-10-2000, 05:00 PM
Range Rover

get the mojave because it has reverse and the blaster dosent and sence the mojave is a four stroke it will do better in the woods and if she has to turn around it would be easer to just back up instead of having to push the blaster out or pick it up and turn it around and if you want electric start you can buy a starter for the mojave. not putting down the blaster or any thing a love blaster's.
you aut to get her a lakota 300 it has a auto cluth so all she would have to do is shift.
but its your desion take her and have her try each out and see which one she likes.
post what you end up getting.

Old 08-10-2000, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

if u cant get a 300ex, i suggest the mojave with reverse and electric start. Blaster has no reverse also but u can soupe that puppy up.

Old 08-13-2000, 01:50 PM
Trailblazer

THE 300EX WOULD BE PERFECT!

Old 12-31-2001, 05:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Whatever your gunna get for her, make sure you can green sticker it, cause you want to beable to ride it all year round, not just six months. If your gunna get a blaster for you wife, make sure its under a 96 model so it can be green sticker. IT also depends on what kind of riding you want to be doing. if you want to do trails you want something narrow. but make sure your wife can turn it around, reverse would be nice.

Old 12-31-2001, 08:07 AM
Range Rover

<< Whatever your gunna get for her, make sure you can green sticker it >>

What does this mean?

Old 12-31-2001, 08:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

Just purchased a 2000 Blaster for myself and son. Finally had a chance to really ride it this past weekend. After about 2 hours, my hands were numb. Don't get me wrong...a total blast, but a lot of work. If your wife likes the control, then the Blaster is great, but you may just want to find an &quot;automatic everything&quot; if she's more into just cruisin' around.

Old 12-31-2001, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

I hate to say it but, Both are bad choices for your wife!
The blaster tons of fun, no reverse, kick start!!
Mojave, high comp engine, kick start.
For a women or even a man, both bikes are graet, but the mojave is a 11:1 comp, wich takes a little to kick, and it has a short stroke wich means it has to be run in high rpm's and work the clutch a little more than you want to.
Blaster, how do you say.........the brakes suck, suck, suck, suck, also no reverse!!!

Thier is better choices, the polaris trail blazer, electric start, two stroke, fully automatic, but biggest of all small quads.
Honda 250EX, fun little bike, good shocks, good power, semi auto, but reverse isn't that easy.
300EX real good bike, has a clutch, graet suspention, reverse a little hard.
My choice was the lakota sport, auto clutch, easy reverse, graet handling, but doesn't have the suspention of the hondas.
The four choices I gave you are all electric start and very reliable, all, with $300 of mods absolutely fly.
The mojave and lakota can be bought for about $3900 out the door, I think the trail blazers are about $3500, and the hondas go for list and I haven't been able to get any deals on any honda (I have three of them)

Best of luck and enjoy!!!!!

Old 12-31-2001, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

My girl friend has a mojave and it is very fast and it has reverse.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 Blaster vs 2001 Mojave