Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

polaris700twin vs. grizzley660 vs. rincon vs. kawi. brute force vs. suzuki kingquad700

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004 | 12:18 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default polaris700twin vs. grizzley660 vs. rincon vs. kawi. brute force vs. suzuki kingquad700

what do u all think is the best in mud,ruts,rocks

ps. i am also posting this in honda,yamaha,suzuki,kawaski

Old 07-18-2004 | 12:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default polaris700twin vs. grizzley660 vs. rincon vs. kawi. brute force vs. suzuki kingquad700

The New Suzuki King Quad wins first place hands down by virtue of its lighter weight, superior suspension, locking diff, Hi/Low range, true 4-wheel drive (real downhill engine braking) EFI and LOWER COST is the clear winner.

The Polaris 700 EFI comes in second.
It costs $500 more, has only 2wd downhill engine braking, and weighs 150 lbs more.

Everything else is tied for last place.

Grizzly is top heavy, too narrow, lousy handling/steering geometry, carburated. Power mismatched to chassis.

Rincon has no Hi/Lo range, screwy, "problamatic" transmission, inferior performance, no sort of decent front differential, low tech, albeit reliable engine,

Kawi still can't get their belt drive transmission to work. The Brute Force looks extemely high center of gravity. Straight line drags and mudding it could be a real contender.

Old 07-18-2004 | 01:10 PM
|
Pro Rider

hey man no offense but i own a grizley and there not to narrow once you put soem tires on it now the top heavy yeah they are a little bit and power to chassy is very nice and a real smooth tranny at that
i never wanted this post to be in buying a quad some stupid moderator moves it i was wanting to know aht everynody ahd and how good do they do in those situations thats y i posted it in every manufacturer not buying a quad this is the stupidest thing i ahve seen a moderator do is move a post that make perfect sence whwere it was at

Old 07-18-2004 | 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

The BF only weighs 2 lbs mor than the KQ and the Prarie Belt Drive System(how does it not work) is one of the best on the market. The Rincon is said to be the best handeling of the Big Bore Quads and the BF has be said to have better handeling that that. The BF also has a "Varaible" Front locking Diff which means that you can partially engage it or fully. Yes the KQ does have EFI which is also not proven reliable on it yet. Lower cost does go to the KQ for only 400 less than the BF. Superior suspension? I have no insight on which it better until I have ridden them both. The Polaris is a nice atv but if you roll it on top of you your in trouble and it does not have a true lockin Diff. Not trying to bash you or anything just my 2 cents.

P.S. The suspension the KQ looks much like the AC's

Old 07-18-2004 | 01:21 PM
|
Pro Rider

syrup how did they put the front locking diff on the brute f. is it push button i mean it cant be in at all times or u couldnt steer it thats how i know polaris dosnt have diff lock cuz they would be able to turn when you ride a quad with diff lock its bear to turn we have a 660 grizzley and 1995 king quad300 and when you put them in diff lock they go but there hard to steer

Old 07-18-2004 | 01:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

the polaris has a sensor that engages the front whelldrive wen the rear wheels start too slide.it dose have a true locking dif wen you c one go thru the mud look @ all 4 wheeles there all turning

Old 07-18-2004 | 02:21 PM
|
Pro Rider

i have looked but the deal is u couldnt turn the quad if the front locked
they must not be turning all at the exact same time one has to be movinf slower or u couldnt turn i see that you have a king quad you should know that

Old 07-18-2004 | 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

The BF has a pull lever on the left handlebar that lets you pull it all the way in for full engagement or you can sligltly have it pulled in so you can turn but it will still be in diff lock mode. I think it is the most advanced out of all the systems. On the grizz I no you have to stop to put it in difflock but on the Prarie you dont have to loose that valueable momentum to lock it.

Old 07-18-2004 | 02:31 PM
|
Pro Rider

no man u dont have t o stop a grizz to put it in 4wd or diff lock just yesterday in royal blue we was in a mud hole and some polaris guys was saying the grizz couldnt make it through a mud hole as i entered the nud hole i put it in 4wd and then half way through i put it in diff lock and nver stopped moving

Old 07-18-2004 | 03:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider

first you should stop if you dont well thats just being dumb. wen you pull that lever wile moving you are stresing the dif you might even brake the small sprokets doing that.as for not being able too turn like i sed befor wen you have both front wheels in the mud you cant tell if it's locked or not and on the polaris the only time the dif locks is wen the rear wheels start too slip and slide.

Quick Reply: polaris700twin vs. grizzley660 vs. rincon vs. kawi. brute force vs. suzuki kingquad700