Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

What to buy? Yamaha Wolverine or ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What to buy? Yamaha Wolverine or ????

www.mooseutilities.com, I have the catalog right in front of me, they have all the parts for mounting a plow on a Wolverine, except for the easy lift electric motor mount, but you can either get a hand operated lever, or just use a winch to lift and lower.

Old 09-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: 95wolv
<a href="http://www.mooseutilities.com">www.mooseutilities.com</A>, I have the catalog right in front of me, they have all the parts for mounting a plow on a Wolverine, except for the easy lift electric motor mount, but you can either get a hand operated lever, or just use a winch to lift and lower.

Awesome! Thanks for the information! Much apperciated!

-Chad

Old 09-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackRaptor
Maybe you should check out the Scrambler 500 from Polaris.
It's a 4X4 it's pretty sporty and fast also you can get racks for it and a plow.
The Local Dealer finally did get a Scrambler 500 in stock, i check it out.. It doesn't seam like it would jump too whell.. Still very heavy, and the suspension travel on it doesn't look to be very much..

Old 09-23-2004, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

i totally disagree i jump my bikes all the time i think on small to medium jumps they land pillow soft.i think my buddies z 400 lands hard and stiff. probably because they are made with stiffer suspension for the big stuff.and the utilities definetly ride alot more plush (soft) than the sport quads.kinda like comparing a corvette to a cadillac.yes utilities have their limits on jump sizes but they will suprise you. and the bigger 4x4,s wheelie very easy.not as easy as a sport of course.but u can still have fun and use them for work to and carrying gear[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004, 12:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ThaChad.
The Local Dealer finally did get a Scrambler 500 in stock, i check it out.. It doesn't seam like it would jump too whell.. Still very heavy, and the suspension travel on it doesn't look to be very much..[/quote]

I know the Polaris scrambler has a nice plow option, but it's alot heavier, and it doesn't seam no where near as sporty as the wolverine!
Are you kidding? You really need to look at both and compare them side by side. The Wolvy has 7.1" of suspension travel front and rear, compared to the scrammy's 8.2" front and 10.2" rear. That is over 3" more suspension travel in the rear! The chain drive on the rear of the scram and the selectable 2/4wd makes it feel and handle a lot sportier than the wolverine with its full time 4wd (3.5wd). Not to mention, the scrambler is liquid cooled and has a very tuneable transmission. Dont count it out of the game yet. You (or your wife) should take both the scrammy and the wolverine for a test ride and see the differences for yourself.

Old 09-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

get the scrammy the wolf is poky... slow slow slow slow .
get the scrammy and you will be happy so will you wife