Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Quadrunner500vs.ForemanSvs.Kodiak400

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2000, 01:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I say we set you up with some 27" vamps on that sport bike of yours. You could out run any of them then !!! ;-)

BTW for the desc of where you are from you want a snowmobile......ELFLand.......

------------------
Stump '99 Foreman S

[This message has been edited by Stump (edited 01-31-2000).]

Old 01-31-2000, 06:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Stump! Might work-3" ground clearance, one wheel drive, 120 HP!!! Where can I get those tires? Do you think my better half would ride it w/me?

X-2wheels - Still walking

[This message has been edited by X-2wheels (edited 01-31-2000).]

Old 02-01-2000, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

x-2
What did your honda dealer want for the es? I know here I can get a 00'es for a bit under $5800 out the door. just wondering.

Good luck on your decision

riding is a ell' of alot better than walking

------------------
Brad <a href="http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bcj001">MyFOREMANes</a>

99'FOREMANes, 26" BUGS, Maier full chasis skid plate, A.P. bash plate and stick guards, winch, supertrapp ids, K&N, dual snorkel, and a jet kit, yea buddy..

Old 02-01-2000, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey FOREMANes, 2 closest dealers wanted sticker+tax+setup. Maybe I should shop further from home. Anybody got experience w/Arctic Cat vs. Suzuki? Specs make the 'Cat sound like more mud machine for the same money (bigger gas tank, more suspension, more ground clearance, etc.), even though they use the same engine/trans. Do these two bigger quads offer advantages/disadvantages over the sportier Kodiak? Anybody bored yet? How about opinions on which quad period y'all feel is the best for the money?

Old 02-01-2000, 05:04 PM
Trailblazer

the 500 suzuki is a good quad for mudding it is also faster that the forman and it is eayser to ride

Old 02-01-2000, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer

Decisions, decisions...what to buy? I bought my Quadmaster a month ago but before doing so, looked hard at Polaris (Mag & Sport), drove the Rancher, Kodiak, AC 500, King Quad and Quadmaster. After months of research my decision was made easy after taking each quad for a good test ride.

My advice for you would be to do the same, get out and test drive the quads that appeal to you. After doing so your decision may also become obvious.

[This message has been edited by c4drm (edited 02-01-2000).]

Old 02-02-2000, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

LOL>>>>...."lack of power and unstellar performance"....ha

want to meet in the mud somewhere and try and show me what your talking about.....

ha
ha
HA
sorry just can't stop laughing...

------------------
Brad <a href="http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bcj001">MyFOREMANes</a>

99'FOREMANes, 26" BUGS, Maier full chasis skid plate, A.P. bash plate and stick guards, winch, supertrapp ids, K&N, dual snorkel, and a jet kit, yea buddy..

[This message has been edited by FOREMANes (edited 02-02-2000).]

Old 02-02-2000, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer

all i ever owned befor was sport bikes, i shared the same concern of not enjoying an auto trans (dosent really sound fun) but i can now say that it is not really a concern it is diffrent but no less fun i think the auto is really quite fun and very impresive.
I think that belt problems are a problem with polaris. Yamaha and the rest looked at polaris and said LOTS of room for improvement. I cant say about the suzuki auto but i REALLY like my Kodiak auto. You cant really get a feel for the way the trans works on a parking lot ride. But when you are in the woods it really performs. I have been looking for anouther bike and to me the AC500 auto looks good. But for less money and the same top speed i can get anouther Kodiak (very tempting). There are so many nice bikes out there it is hard to decide. Honda has the Excelent reliability but part of that comes from the LACK of power and unstellar performance. If you are use to a sport machine i would try to get somthing with selectable 2 and 4wd (that way you can still keep some of the old sport habits). That does kinda limit you though 3 or 4 machines total ?? Well good luck

Old 02-03-2000, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer

FOREMANes I am speaking of stock machines not heavily modified ones. I think that comparitivley speaking very fiew people ride heavy mud. You take my opinion as a personal insult it seems please dont. The Foreman is a excelent quad but there is nothing sporty about it mostly a work horse. For somone going from a sport machine i think it is a bad choice. I should know use to ride a 4TRX 250R one of hondas better bikes. The Rubicon may change that though. I will look at them when they come out as i am searching for a BIG BORE so to speak. And if you want to meet and ride that would be GREAT we are close im in Oregon City. I ride at Browns Camp i asume you know where that is ???? Not much mud there really.
last weekend i was there and there was about 12 inches of snow.

Old 02-03-2000, 08:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have one of the older Kodiac's and it shifts exactly as TF describes. The 2000 Mod is so different, Im not sure why Yam even kept the name.