Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

04 rubicon vs 04 grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 rubicon vs 04 grizzly

Funny you should say that about the dealer not wanting to negotiate. When I bought the Griz this spring the first dealer said list price and not a penny less. I told the store manager I would have one out the door after taxes for 100 under MSRP in the hrdwood camo. He said no way, I said way. To make a long story short I had my quad for exactly what I said I would and he lost a sale. I aslo brought the invoice in to show him. He was a cocky little #@*! and made me drive another ten miles to get that quad instead of getting there.

Old 10-21-2004, 05:40 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, here's what happened to me. I live halfway between Cheyenne and Laramie Wyoming in the mountains. I went to the Cheyenne dealer and he said MSRP no less. I was looking at this red one that I really liked, sat on it and all that before the salesman came and talked to me. When I got off, I sort of scuffed the left rear fender. I called the dealer in Laramie and got it for $400.00 less. I said cool, hold it and I will be there with a cashiers check in the AM. I showed up and there was a red Grizz waiting for me on the show room floor. I paid the man and he loaded it on my trailer. I got it home and was going over the paperwork he gave me and they had bought the Grizz from the Cheyenne dealer and sold it to me. So, I went and looked and there it was, the scuff mark I put on it. Same quad, 400 less and a little closer to the house. Plus I like my dealer. Cool guys, they race too, at least one of the four has him arm in a sling every time I go there.

Old 10-22-2004, 02:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

RUBICON!. Honda quality reliability and beats a yamaha any day!

Old 10-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

I used to have a 99 Yamaha Big Bear, and wasn't totally happy with it, because of the smaller size, and lack of auto, and being a full-time 4x4 was hard to steer, but it never gave me any kind of trouble at all. I sold it (which I regret), and swore that my next one would be a honda for the reliabilty that goes with the name. Anyway, this past summer, I was up at the wife's cousin's place whom live up in the southern rockies at about 8,000 plus feet. To make a long story short, one cousin had a Rubicon, and the other a grizzly. I took a ride on the grizz first-which I expected to be just okay, and I was blown away at how it just ate up any hill, it hit a couple rocks, but I think he had his shocks set wrong. Got back, and his brother told me to take out the rubicon which I expected to love. Well, to say the least, I was very dissapointed and suprised. I tried it in either auto or ES mode on a much shorter ride, and I just didn't like it, it was slow, sluggish, and just not a performer, and didn't give me any kind of confidence when climbing. It even died on me upon topping out a little hill, and I just couldn't like it, I can almost say that my 99 big bear was much better. I actually have a 05 Grizz being shipped to me which I should be seeing early next week. Can't wait!!!

Old 10-28-2004, 02:53 AM
Pro Rider

Ah, good choice.