Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Small girl with need for ATV thrills

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small girl with need for ATV thrills

Hello Frizzle. If you are looking at the Recon or Bayou, you should also consider the Polaris Trailblazer. It is similar price to the other two. Although the Trailblazer looks much like a sports quad, it has more towing power than either the Recon or the Bayou. In addition it has considerably more suspension travel than either of the other two, which makes for a much more comfortable ride in the bumps. It has hydraulic disc brakes all the way around instead of drum brakes. It has an automatic transmission instead of manual so you can concentrate on driving instead of shifting. It has bigger and/or wider tires for better traction and stability. For safety, it has single handle braking that brakes all tires instead of the separate brake handle and foot pedal on the others. It has much more under chassis ground clearance than either of the others for going through water or over bumps. Also for safety, it is much wider for better stability in the corners and side hills. I think if you ride the three, you will pick the Trailblazer. I also looked at the Bayou and Recon before I bought. My wife is about your size and she loves her Trailblazer. She would not trade it for any other quad reguardless of cost!! Check out my pics.
I hope this helps you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
BryceGTX

Old 03-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

I have a reconES and wouldnt wish that on anyone. Compared to the Polaris Trailblazer it doesn't hold a candle. BRyceGTX hits it square between the eyes. The ES is a POS in my opinion. Pain in the backside - 1950's technology with a electric soleniod. Wish I would have drove one before I bought one.

Old 03-16-2005, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

i don't like the ES either my mom has it on her 450 foreman and one big time problem is if you are trying to hold something in your left hand you can't shift it either but she likes it wouldn't trade it for nothing but i know the recon rides better then the 450 foreman.

Old 03-16-2005, 01:09 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't blame the bike, blame the ES! Just learn to shift with your foot, and you will avoid a bunch of potential problems.......and save yourself $200.

Old 03-17-2005, 12:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

Why not look into a Bruin 4x4? That might do the trick for what you need. My wife is about your size and does just great on hers.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all your recommendations guys! It really helped a lot. I went to the Polaris dealer and talked to him about getting the Trailblazer, and he showed me pics of the LE 2005 trailblazer. I am 99% sure that I am going with the LE Trailblazer. Thanks again for your help!

Old 03-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to change my vote to the Polaris Trail Boss which is what I meant. I had trailblazer in my head from another post. I dont think a smelly smokey 2 cycle is what the lady is looking for. But I've been wrong about what women want before......

Old 03-17-2005, 12:34 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: WhoDatInDaMud But I've been wrong about what women want before......
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-17-2005, 12:46 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: WhoDatInDaMud
I'm going to change my vote to the Polaris Trail Boss which is what I meant. I had trailblazer in my head from another post. I dont think a smelly smokey 2 cycle is what the lady is looking for. But I've been wrong about what women want before......

Personally, (unless I was in California) I'd rather have the trailblazer.....but I hear ya on not knowing what women want.

2-strokes are only more smelly and smokey if the oil ratio or jetting is off and they do make better power.

Anybody know which has the better ride?

Old 03-17-2005, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Raptorlegs. I would suspect the Trailblazer has a better ride in the bumps because it has almost 1.5 more inches of suspension travel in the rear and almost 2 inches in the front. This is quite a big difference. As far as the smell, my wife hates our snowmobile's smell, but says she can't smell the Trailblazer. The Trailblazer doesn't smoke much at all.
I hope this helps
BryceGTX

Quick Reply: Small girl with need for ATV thrills