Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Parents Buying for Kids

Old 07-31-2005, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parents Buying for Kids

Originally posted by: reconranger
This post is crap!

My kids have been riding since they were old enough to walk. How is a 5 year old suposed to earn enough money to buy a bike? Just think, you are 15 and don't have a bike or any experience. My daughter is 15, rides my tricked out "hand me down" 400EX desert racer, and has 10 years of riding experience over you. I have 20 nieces and nephews that ride my bikes too.........what am I supposed to do, charge them?

In a year or so, I will buy her a car. She will however have to pay for her own gas and insurance.
where just saying it teaches responsibility when you have to pay for your own atv/whatever and you most likely will treat something that you have payed for with more respect and how is this post crap because you can aford to buy your kids atvs

She will however have to pay for her own gas and insurance.
oh no how could you be so mean making her buy her own gas and pay for insurance

Old 08-01-2005, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer

and look what happens when a kid has no responsibilities! who doesn't learn a trade, or how to work, or how to make their own money! and when their parents buy them whatever they want! well why dont i just go down to the nearest state pen and ask some of those fine, outstanding, and overachieving folks in there what it was like to be a spoiled rotten undisciplined little twerp of the nation!

well thats my 2 and a half cent opinion anyways.....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
Originally posted by: lapeerbanshee
what kind of a post is this.
Its a kid taking out his frustrations and jealousy out on the board. His parents wont help him out so automatically anyone who isnt in the same situation he is doesnt deserve thier atv. He's got a point in that many people dont appreciate what they have, but thats the case for most of us at any age. Who among us doesnt take the things we have for granted from time to time?

Lets face it, there are going to be irresponsible people regardless of who bought the toys they play on. There are plenty of people who purchased thier own atv who dont take care of it or respect it and plenty of people who didnt pay for thier own that appreciate and are responsible with them.
yea maddog is right on this kids jealous hahahhhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahha.. lol jk sry dude just work like a slave, thats what i did to get my bike.... im happy..

Old 08-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

not all kids that get their quads without paying for them treat them like crap u kno. my parents bought me a grizzly and i treat it as if it was my child. i take care of it because i know that my parents worked hard for my quad. all of my friends got quads and dirtbikes from their parents and also take care of them very well. u cant assume that we are rich snobs that dont care about our things if we did not earn them. just because we didnt buy it that doesnt mean we should trash it. its great that some people earn their own quads and other things by getting a job. they learn how to work for things and have more respect for people who work and stuff but that doesnt mean that they treat things any differant as people who did not work for their things. its not like i wake up in the morning and think.... hey, my parents bought my grizzly, not me.... so im gunna just trash it for the hell of it and then i wont have a quad!

its great that u are earning ur own quad and i bet u will learn a ton of things from it but dont be ignorant and call other people worse then u just because they didnt earn it.

thnx

Old 08-02-2005, 12:51 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess we have a few bitter underprivelaged kids here in the forum.

A parent should give their kids as many advantages as they can reasonably afford, but of course always within reason. I'll buy my kid a descent car, but I'm not going to get them an airplane. They can have my old hand me down bike, but I'm not going to buy them a new 450R. Etc.........

Old 08-02-2005, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

that is very true. my parents only bought me the grizzly because they knew how badly i wanted it and i made a promise with them that i would keep up my grades and plus my dad liked to ride it every once in a while. they would buy me a cheaper quad but they decided that if they bought me a powerful quad then i would have it for a very long time and would not need to move up and buy a new bigger and faster quad. this way they bought me the grizzly 660 which is more than enough power for me and i can have it for many many many years because it wont get "too slow" for me.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:29 AM
Trailblazer

its cool when you buy your own atv cus i am buying my own... but parents should buy things for there kids... so when those kids grow up they will do the same for theirs etc...

Old 08-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

sup/ i agree my parents let me ride because i know im responsable. if the reason is the news. tell your parent that its the kid driving that causes wrecks not the quad. i own four/ o l know

Old 08-17-2005, 06:00 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I'm glad my parents didn't buy me everything I wanted when I was younger. The hookers in our town were butt a$$ ugly. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2005, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

My 8 yr old has his own quad. We also have a 22 and a 17 yr old that ride the familly bikes. What makes it right or wrong is the intent of the parent and the maturity of the child. Our kids ride which promotes family interaction, they wash the mud off after use and show some responsability. Some parents lavish their children with toys(atvs included) just to keep them out of their hair. Look how many kids spend endless hours playing on the playstation or on the computer in the privacy of their own room. We are a long shot from being wealthy, but spending money and time with our children has been a good investment. When it comes to cars, after school minimum wage dont go far, the older 2 have settled for $4000 cars of which they have paid half and we have paid the other half. That has given them incentive to work without feeling overwhelmed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parents Buying for Kids