Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Parents Buying for Kids

Old 07-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parents Buying for Kids

I am 15 and my parents wont pay a dime for my quad. I think it rediclious no matter how much money you have that people give their kids expensive products like these. Unless it is a gift. I think that a kid learns a lot more from buying things themselves. I have friends whos parents buy them dirtbikes and quads just because. What are they learning? It is obvious that if you have to buy somthing on your own and work to pay it off you will treat it with respect and value it more. My friends treat their expensive quads and dirtbikes like nothing becuase they are not paying for them. If you have something and you know you are not paying for it obviously you will take advantage of it. So please think before you but your kid a quad that a little responsibitly and hard work wont kill your kid. It will teach them a good life lesson that you have to work hard to get what you want.

Old 07-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

what kind of a post is this.

Old 07-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: lapeerbanshee
Its a kid taking out his frustrations and jealousy out on the board. His parents wont help him out so automatically anyone who isnt in the same situation he is doesnt deserve thier atv. He's got a point in that many people dont appreciate what they have, but thats the case for most of us at any age. Who among us doesnt take the things we have for granted from time to time?

Lets face it, there are going to be irresponsible people regardless of who bought the toys they play on. There are plenty of people who purchased thier own atv who dont take care of it or respect it and plenty of people who didnt pay for thier own that appreciate and are responsible with them.

Old 07-24-2005, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
Originally posted by: lapeerbanshee
Its a kid taking out his frustrations and jealousy out on the board. His parents wont help him out so automatically anyone who isnt in the same situation he is doesnt deserve thier atv. He's got a point in that many people dont appreciate what they have, but thats the case for most of us at any age. Who among us doesnt take the things we have for granted from time to time?

Lets face it, there are going to be irresponsible people regardless of who bought the toys they play on. There are plenty of people who purchased thier own atv who dont take care of it or respect it and plenty of people who didnt pay for thier own that appreciate and are responsible with them.
ok thanks for clearing that up for me. LOL.
I think you hit the nail on the head.

Old 07-25-2005, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

yep

Old 07-25-2005, 03:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

your right and sorry for the unneccesary post. i have grown up in areas my whole life where if i kid wants something... he gets it. and thats not life and a lot of situations are different. sorry and i made the wrong first impression. dont take the impression as your last.

Old 07-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I completely understand your frustration. I had to pay for my first car and every one thereafter. I couldnt afford much and was envious of those who had brand new 30k dollar vehicles thier parents had bought them. But that doesnt make those people undeserving or unappreciative of what they have. It took me a while to figure that one out on my own. Dont worry about the post, I guarantee its not the worst of the day and its good that you share your perspective with others.

Old 07-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

blainekaehr im in the exact same position. i have had to buy my quads and tools to work on my quads all on my own mainly becuase we arent exactly getting rich on the farm and money is tight. but yet my friends if they want it they get. im also 15. my friend has a blaster and he just beats the pulp out of it, he rides it pinned like ALL the time in what ever gear he is in. he always breaks it and his parents just load it up for him and take it to the dealer. my parents help me as much as they can for parts and stuff, but i always take good care of my bikes.

Old 07-31-2005, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

I'm also 15 and i have bought everything that i own because money is always tight my parents try to help but its not much i have even started a landscaping business starting out with a push mower and now i have a commercial mower a garden tractorwith plow a 2stage snowthrower and am the grounds keeper at a local tennis club i have also bought my atv and snowmobiles and i am soon buying a truck it just goes to show you that a little work can get you what you want and its not true that kids that have there parents buy them atvs and dirtbikes dont respect them well for the most part at least

Old 07-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!

This post is crap!

My kids have been riding since they were old enough to walk. How is a 5 year old suposed to earn enough money to buy a bike? Just think, you are 15 and don't have a bike or any experience. My daughter is 15, rides my tricked out "hand me down" 400EX desert racer, and has 10 years of riding experience over you. I have 20 nieces and nephews that ride my bikes too.........what am I supposed to do, charge them?

In a year or so, I will buy her a car. She will however have to pay for her own gas and insurance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parents Buying for Kids