Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Parents Buying for Kids

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parents Buying for Kids

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
I'm glad my parents didn't buy me everything I wanted when I was younger. The hookers in our town were butt a$$ ugly. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
lmao[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

i agrree

Old 08-20-2005, 11:07 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: BloodyRomance
and look what happens when a kid has no responsibilities! who doesn't learn a trade, or how to work, or how to make their own money! and when their parents buy them whatever they want! well why dont i just go down to the nearest state pen and ask some of those fine, outstanding, and overachieving folks in there what it was like to be a spoiled rotten undisciplined little twerp of the nation!
For some reason I feel like schooling is more important for my 7 year old than working to earn money for her quad.

Hey, I had everything handed to me growing up. Always had motor toys and was on my 3rd vehicle when I graduated high school. Had my college covered by grants and help from my parents. Only reason I ever worked is because they refused to give me beer money. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But I was spoiled and now I'll try my best to spoil my kids and they can spoil their kids. To say I never appreciated what my parents have done for me or respected the toys they gave me is ludicrous.

Life's not fair people. Deal with it.

Old 08-25-2005, 06:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Age does'nt matter if , you instill correct morals to your children. L'Heureux Racing Team started in the 70's and is still riding. The youngest rider we started out was a 3 yr. old girl racing on ice. Training and helping out any possible way to be a part of the Team is payment enough . I Believe that all kids should take part in any and all thats needed or wanted to help acheive their goals.

50cc Yamaha
660 Raptor
500cc Yamaha Vintage Flattracker Glenn L'Heureux Took 3 National #1 Plates in 2000 w/this- VDTRA 600 Pro , Wildcat Series 2000 600 Pro, & The 600 Pro @ IMI Motorsports Denver CO. All in 2000 . In Memory of : WE MISS YOU GLENN Love your sis Pam
80cc Honda
250 Recon
60cc Kawasaki
80cc Susuki
80cc Yamaha
& more to many to list

Old 08-25-2005, 09:54 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I will admit to buying my kids their toys from quite a young age. Never anything new and it didnt come without responsibilities. Good grades in school were part of it. I used to tell my kids that my job was to work and their job was to do good in school. If I goof off at work I may lose my job and the ability to keep my toys. If they didnt take school serious enough they would lose their toys too. Having toys isnt a right, its a luxury. And as far as Im concerned luxuries in life are earned.

blainekaehr, I undestand your frustration as I had to earn the money to buy my first mini bike 34 yrs ago. Back then my parents always said I wasnt old enough to ride, now they say Im too old. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]