Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Suzuki King vs. Kawi Brute 750... Please help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki King vs. Kawi Brute 750... Please help!!!!

beardman, MUCH APPRECIATED! I have a little time (my job is moving to Hartford, CT and I am not going so I want to make sure I have something lined up before buying my quad) and so I am looking at an '06 (when they come out in Dec), but I would have no problems at all getting an '05 if I was buying now. I like how they aren't the best in any one category but it can be argued that the are one of the best OVERALL. Plus, I too really want EFI and IRS. The only small wrench in my plan is waiting to see what Honda does with the '06 Rincon. I am being pessimistic on them coming out with a new Rincon with everything that most want so my plans are for the King......we will see!

Old 08-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer

Unless they improve the transmission on the Rincon, I'd stay away from them. Its a 3 speed tranny that has to warm up on cold days. No low gear also. Its specifically a riding bike. No utility purpose.. I guess it could be used as one, but its not designed as one. The best transmission Honda came out with is on the Rubicon. Now if they put the tranny that's in the ruby in the rincon, you'd have something. Remember its not efi like you want also..

Old 08-24-2005, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

Beardman....yep! I want to much out of it and I don't think it is going to happen...but yes the engine braking, maybe a little more power, EFI, disc brakes...etc.

Old 08-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Range Rover

Amen on having a hard look at what Honda has in store for the new 06' Rincon. Depending on what happens with it, when December rolls around it may very well be a strong contender to the KQ and Grizz in my situation.

Old 08-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow!!! Thanks for all the great info.... I was away for a couple of days and not able to check the forum, but Thanks alot for all of your input. I was leaning toward the King for several reasons and I think you all have convinced me. I have read that with time you can get used to the Brute's height, but you guys have really sold me on the King. I am going to test drive one on Friday. When I purchase, I will buy and install the ITP Radials, Can you run 28's? Does anyone know? I know the Brute will clear 27's. What about the King? I am one who tends to buy a quad and keep it for a while, so, sorry for all the questions, Just trying to do my homework. Thanks again......

Old 08-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Trailblazer

The King has plenty of room. I personally would go to a 27' tire and not a 28' if I wanted to go bigger. Just personal preference. The bigger the tire, the harder on bearings which aren't cheap to replace these days..

Old 08-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you wanted to put big tires on i would suggest the 750....tonz more power than the king quad

Old 08-28-2005, 06:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all of your replies. I had planned on Test Riding the Brute and King on Friday but wasn't able to do so. I did however get to ride a friends Brand New Yamaha Grizzly. I was quite impressed with the Grizz. It's transmission was silky smooth and quiet and it felt 500 lbs lighter in the front end than my Polaris. I really want the Brute or King because of the added power/ Vtwin/fuel injection, but they had better represent....Because the Yamaha did..Thanks again for your replies, and I will let you know how the test ride goes this week when I get to go.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Range Rover

hambone303:

I rode the new Bomb 800, Grizz 660, and the KQ 700 yesterday back-to-back. It was the first time I had ever been on the Bomb, or KQ, but I had driven the Grizz once before. Leave this thread, scroll to the bottom of the main forums page, and click on "Utility ATVs." Find a recent thread in there called "Bomb 800 vs Grizz 660 vs KQ 700," or something very similar to that (I believe that's what I called it). Read my opinion of those three if you have not done so already.

Also, a good friend of mine has the BF 750. I rode his last xmas when I was home for the holidays. It was okay, but it felt really unstable on side slopes. It was also really loud. He had 27" 589's on it at that time. Everything else was stock. He doesn't like it for various reasons, and he now has it up for sale because he bought a new Rubicon a couple of weeks ago.

Read beardman's quote in this thread, in one of his posts, which says, "My two I narrowed it down too was a 660 grizzly, and a King quad. Once I rode both, it was an easy choice." I was more or less in the exact same shoes, and after I rode both yesterday (the Grizz before the KQ) I felt the same way. As soon as I hit the throttle on the KQ and headed across the lot, I could easily tell that the KQ felt better to me than the Grizz. The Grizz was great too though. All except for the poorly designed handle bar and LCD area, which had a bad vibration to the one I drove yesterday. The KQ's handle bar/LCD/light housing vibrated ever so slightly, but nothing like the Grizz did. No vibration whatsoever, from I remember, on the BF 750 in that regard.

As a matter of fact, when I drove the Grizz a couple of months ago, I also drove a P700 right afterward (same day). I did that because another good friend of mine from back home has a 2004 Kawi P700, and he was trying to talk me into getting one. The ONLY thing I liked better about the P700 compared to the Grizz was the fact of the way the LCD is designed on the P700. No vibration whatsoever because it sits between the handle bars.

Go ride all of them - the one's you're interested in - and then post back here with your impressions. It will be interesting to hear your opinion for comparison. Thanks...