Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Suzuki 400 or Raptor 350 for my wife...Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 12:17 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Suzuki 400 or Raptor 350 for my wife...Any suggestions?

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
EEEYAA, I don't know how to react to that one.. It sure makes me feel old though... I like to think it is inspirational to think that us geezers still enjoy strapping something exciting between our legs once in a while... er, maybe that is not polically correct way of putting it.. Oh well.
LOL, I think that last statement makes you NOT a geezer!

The next time you roost some old guy hogging up the trail, just remember that the goal is to still be doing it when you are 50 plus... and not being in some wheelchair having your children spoon feed you your daily gruel. Both of you would rather be doing something else I am sure.....[/quote]

I think everyone needs to learn proper edicate on the trails before even being able to ride on public trails. It seems only about 1/2 the riders out there are respectable.

DB, I was just curious, why don't you have a Banshee to complete your collection of Yammies?

Old 11-18-2005, 12:19 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: Raptorlegs

I guess the 90 was an adult version, maybe? The 70 was small.

Had friends with a 125m, 200s and 185m that were all crap too.
Yes the 90 was a adult version for sure. I think it came out in the early 70's, way beore any one thought of putting a kid on one.

Cmon, they were all good machines for their intended purpose.
Far as I know that 185 is still sitting on the side of my buddy's parents house with the front forks collapsed back on the engine from where a friend tried to jump it and landed on the front wheel at the dunes. The ealry models really were dangerous.

Old 11-18-2005, 12:25 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Far as I know that 185 is still sitting on the side of my buddy's parents house with the front forks collapsed back on the engine from where a friend tried to jump it and landed on the front wheel at the dunes. The ealry models really were dangerous.
It obviously wasnt used for its intended purpose. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2005, 12:27 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

I like to think it is inspirational to think that us geezers still enjoy strapping something exciting between our legs once in a while...
I always wanted one of those T-shirts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Did you ever have one DB? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-18-2005, 12:43 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It obviously wasnt used for its intended purpose. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yeah, but driving off the curb was dangerous on those.

Old 11-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the one you are talking about.. no never had one.. I do have a collection of Sumo sports shirts that my wife is grossed out over... I especially like the one that has the Sumo Wrestler playing baseball in the catchers position. With views from front and back... it will turn heads..

As for the Banshee.. I had already transitioned to my thumper phase when it came out.. and I had been out of riding for almost 20 years before my middle son was old enough for us to ride together... I have a rappy 660 that I think is going to be put aside in favor of a new 700 someday.. but to tell you the truth I spend the most time on my Rubicon, and in the Rhino these days. I like being able to ride with the wife or youngest son who is 10... yup ... but he is a blessing... Made people talk a lot though.. At my age... yeah you betcha ladies..

With all the surgery's this past 3 years, the riding time has been real sparce. Seems like I am always recovering from something these days. I can finally say though that the knee has finally healed. After almost 3 years with an open wound, they decided I knew what I was talking about and removed the metal hardware. It healed right up after that. I TOLD them I alergic to the metal, but what do I know right? After 3 years of pure hell-o, I feel pretty smug in being right...

I have ridden them, but don't like them for my kind of in the woods trail riding... they just load up and I end up changing plugs all the time. No where to really wind them out to keep them clean. They handle like crap as well.

Old 11-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

I like being able to ride with the wife or youngest son who is 10... yup ... but he is a blessing... Made people talk a lot though.. At my age... yeah you betcha ladies...
LMAO!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Just asked about the Banshee because I figured since you have all the other sporties, you might as well complete the collection. Well, beside the yfz.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2005, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To tell you the truth, I'd have a WFZ if it had reverse. When you get to be my age, and with a bum set of wheels, I can't lift and man handle one around if I get in a situation that requires an about face... That reverse comes in real handy. I thought about that new Honda too, but I can't kick start anything any more without having hamstrings in the right leg... so at this point, I go for comfort and convenience more than anything else... I still ahve the 660 if I have a need for speed, but I have to admit, I haven't had it out on the trail for over a year. My Rubicon has become the machine of choice with it's 4x4 capabilities and wide, soft seat made for an old man... Wider is better!

They don't call me dragginbutt for nothing you know.. I EARNED the moniker over years of constant practicing says the spouse mouse......

Old 11-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Hey at least you are still out there man! I understand the need for comfort, that's what I liked my Z400 I had, is was smooth and had reverse. I was used to an older 400ex with a stiff suspension, the comfort was welcome for trail riding.