Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

which big bore atv to buy ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which big bore atv to buy ???

Originally posted by: 2sly4u
I do not want a problematic machine. I have heard too many problems with the KQ. I know there is some trade off with a bulletproof honda. I dont want to plunk down 7 grand on a smoker that needs work every year.Id rather be bored than broke. I am still considering a bf 650. Lots of power. but a crappie ride
If you don't want a problematic machine then don't buy a big bore they ALL have their problems, including Honda, and from what I've heard and seen Honda hasn't been close to bulletproof with the Rincon, I've heard of tranny rebuilds and constant stalling...and don't go with a first year machine like the 06 Rincon...ALL first year machines have problems.

This rediculous "KQ smoking" issue has been blown waaaay out of proportion..it's just a bad air filter causing the engine to smoke, put the King's stock filter in ANY other atv and you'd eventually get the same result , and it's the only current problem I've been hearing about, I have nearly 900 miles and NO smoke and NO other problems either and I've been hard on this thing but I don't abuse it. It's just to bad...us guys that have the KQ and actually change our air filters to the after market ones see how good it really is...this is why there's an aftermarket...they improve upon anything that needs it and in this case prevent the dirt from getting through the airfilter into the engine causing it to smoke.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:27 PM
Trailblazer

Well u were right .the bf 650 does have a lag on the 4wd. i got stuck on a hiill twice before i got it in 4wd. I bought a rincon today. I really like it alot. I is by far the best riding bike .It may not be the fastest or have all the gadgets. but i am satisfied with my choice. The only thing that is wrong is the tires fell like they are flat spotted from sitting. I dont know if that will work itself out or i need to go back to the dealer. I would like to thank everyone for all the responses to this thread your input has helped me make a well informed decision.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:38 AM
Range Rover

What do u mean .The late response to4x4 engaging.I heard all you have to do is throttle it lightly.if u get stuck. Also the machine has a 4 year enxtended warranty.That is a bit of piece of mind when riding
Haven't heard anything about just being able to hit the throttle a little in order to get the Kawi's 4x4 to engage. I'd definitely want to test this theory out first before I buy.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:42 AM
Range Rover

Well u were right .the bf 650 does have a lag on the 4wd. i got stuck on a hiill twice before i got it in 4wd. I bought a rincon today. I really like it alot. I is by far the best riding bike .It may not be the fastest or have all the gadgets. but i am satisfied with my choice. The only thing that is wrong is the tires fell like they are flat spotted from sitting. I dont know if that will work itself out or i need to go back to the dealer. I would like to thank everyone for all the responses to this thread your input has helped me make a well informed decision.
Duh!!! Guess I should've read your latest post, as shown above, before responding with my suggestion to test the Kawi before you buy. But, as your latest post suggests, you already did and you found the lag I was referring to as well.

Congrats on your new Rincon! So, you already know we have to ask, especially since you have not stated. What year did you get; 2005, or 2006?

Old 12-18-2005, 04:11 AM
Range Rover

Congrats on the Rincon! I've never rode one yet, but they claim that the ride quality is legendary. I'm curious if it is a 2005 or 2006 as well. And, post pics when you can get off of it long enough to grab a camera! LOL![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Zen
Trailblazer

Hey guys I have been following this post, and I just wanted to say I bought a house last year with a long driveway, and alot of land. I had an old three wheeler I used for work around the property, but I thought about the plowing issue, and so I did some research. All the advise you guys are giving is very accurate, but this past fall I found an awsome deal on a 2002 Kaw 650 prarie with a 3000 lb moose winch, upgraded heavy duty front springs, a 60" Country plow, some upgraded computer module, huge ( 25 or 26 Inch ) Mud/snow tires, mounted on ITP wheels, I also got the orig tires and wheels that were never used, and some other extras. It Had about 75 miles on it. I was really into it, and the price was incredible, the guy was going through a nasty divorse and he needed quick lawer cash, and I had it. So I did some research, the make and year got some really good reviews, and nothing was said about the tranny, except that it was good, so far we got a snow that dropped 10". The quad performed increadibly, no flaws. I never had any problems with the tranny, and I was shifting forward and backwards alot. What did you guys hear? The only reason I ask, is because the guy also gave me this big spring, he said it was for the tranny, and it was heavier duty then the stock one, he said it would be good to have for plowing, he just never got a chance to have it installed . I don't know what it is, and if it is worth having it put in.