Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Honda 400EX vs Suzuki LTZ400 vs Yamaha Raptor 350

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda 400EX vs Suzuki LTZ400 vs Yamaha Raptor 350

Id recommend the raptor 350 for what your saying you want. Here are my thoughts

1) the z400 is probally more machine than you are wanting
2) As others have posted the 400ex is quiker but not by much (my buddies 400ex with same mods beats my warrior by a couple quad lenths in a drag so translate that to normal riding you dont notice a difference)
3) The Raptor 350's front end stays on the ground much easier
4) The raptor will have plenty of power and suspension for what you want and will also be the cheapest
5) Granted its a old engine design but old isnt always bad it has been very dependable

Most people are just obsessed with how many CC's something has and how fast it is, but if that not your concern then the raptor 350 would be a good fit.

All are good quads and each one would be better for certain situations, but if was buying for my wife of those 3 Id go with the raptor 350 or i might even look at a 300ex like someone else stated but just my 2 cents

Good luck on choice

Old 12-07-2005, 05:38 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Honda 400EX vs Suzuki LTZ400 vs Yamaha Raptor 350

Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: counterpunch<

and what makes the 400ex's engine any better? it has just as old of a design. contrary to what people say and believe, the 400ex is NOT that much faster than the warrior. it has just a tad more top end.

Actually it is quite a bit quicker than a Warrior. While the 400ex engine is sort of out dated by today's standards, it is still more advanced than the Warrior engine. Best part is you get better performance with the 400ex and it is still just as reliable as the Warrior.
Nobody even touched the better suspension or handling. The 400ex is just an all around better quad.

Guess I should add, I'd pay a few hundred more and get the Z.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warrior vs raptor and upgrading to 400

Well i have a 2000 yamaha warrior and i have beaten this machine through hell and back for ten years. It's indestructible PERIOD. great all around sport quad and best selling sport quad ever as well. BUT, it's fallen to the back of the sport quads when it comes to handling, speed, and comfort. not to mention replaced by the Raptor 350 which i have ridden and I am dis-pleased with, compared to overall grunt of it's predecessor. the Raptor 350 handles better than a stock warrior and is more comfortable but not as willing to take a beating and ask for more. i recently widened my warrior and put some flat profile mx rubber on it and what a different machine! handles better than the stock raptor for about $430.00 anyway, the warrior is great for newbies as well as mid level riders because of its power to grind it out, and reliability. also new riders tend to crash and the warrior is built like a tank and will keep on going after you put it right side up again! the raptor, not so much. it limps away to lick its wounds. and now to my point of interest... I have been on this quad for 10 years and it's getting too slow for my buddies on 450s and what have you. i have ridden the 450s and i don't like them for all around riding. they are made for one thing and one thing only, RACING. don't let the manufacturers lie to you and say that they can trail ride too, yeah if you wanna slam into a tree every time you stab the throttle. so that leaves the 400 class. im a fan of the honda 400 ex and have ridden a few but have been doing research on the suzuki 400 and never been on one. and what about the kawasaki 400? By my opinion of the warrior, you can see i am looking for the same reliability in a 400 just more power, speed, and agility. any suggestions?