Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

How low will they go?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 02:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How low will they go?

Well, this couldn't have worked out better!! We found a dealer only 15 miles from our cottage in MI where we do most of our riding. When I called to ask about an '06 Recon the sales guy told me that they had a few '05's left and they were pricing to sell the last of them. We originally wanted a base model but we ended up with the ES upgrade. Here's how the deal went down....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

'05 new Recon ES
MSRP $3799

What we paid
$3199 + tax

NO freight/setup
NO doc fees
NO add ons, nada, zip, zilch

Our highest target price was $3700 OTD for an '06 base model and we ended up at $3390.94 (see why I'm smiling?)

We're very pleased with the deal we got - never expected to get $600 off MSRP and the lack of setup/freight/doc fees saved us even more. In addition, they gave me a nice discount on a new helmet, gloves and goggles (I'm a woman - I need to accessorize [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Thanks again for all of your replies! If anyone will be buying in central Michigan, I'd definitely recommend Lakeside Motorsports, http://www.lakesidesportsinc.com/ They're a pretty big dealer (snow and marine goodies too). There was no pressure at any time and even though we were buying a smaller quad, they made us feel like we were important customers.