Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Help me choose a 500cc utility

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me choose a 500cc utility

I just bought 2006 Kodiak 450, nice machine diff lock, low range and everything. irs is a nice feature if your rock climbing and trail ridin. I love it so far. Get a winch also. It seems to have lots of power. MY friend has a honda rancher 400 auto and I know I can kick his *** easily. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

my coisin has a 05 sporsman 500 HO Limited Edition, and it is deffinatly my fav, the best in the bussiness. Amazingly comfortable, smokes a grizzly, super reliable. only problem he's ever had was when we were in 2-3 foot mud, when we took a break after, the radiator was covered in dry myd, so the light came on. we stopped, cleaned it, then went like a dream. Hope it helps.

Old 05-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QUOTE by GmManDan: I have the 06 Arctic cat and it does really well with trail riding. The only thing that is annoying is it takes more to power slide it because of the IRs. You might want to try locally some of the local Arctic cat dealers still have the the Solid rear axle models. I would highly recommand this quad though.

I've had mine for a few years now, and still no problems what so ever, other than a very minor shifter adjustment that I took care of myself when new. It's riden by everyone from my daughter to my teenage nephews to my 70 year old Dad.

Old 05-12-2006, 04:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

well, i went and did it. I got a green 06 grizzly 660. Have not rode it yet, just parked her in the garage tonight. Best deal i could find was 7100 OTD with the winch. Sacramento sucks, either no one had them in stock or they wouldn't deal. I hope this bike is as good as i have heard. Can't wait to get past break in. Any thing i should know about this bike? thanks everyone for your help.

Old 05-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Congratulations! There's nothing quite like the feeling of a new quad in the garage. The Grizzly is a great quad. It's been out for quite a while and any bugs that the early models had have been long since worked out. My only recommendation is that if you put oversized tires on, think about upgrading the axels at the same time (at least the right-rear axel). I've been on rides with two different people that have snapped their right rear axel on Grizzlys and both had 27" tires.

I think you'll be really happy with it. Now it's time to accessorize!

Old 05-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats Jeff, make sure that you take a couple of pictures before you go get her dirty. It is nice to go back and look at the pictures after she starts looking well used.

Old 05-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

As long as you don't go over 27" tires you are fine. I know guys with 28" laws with no probs. Axle breaks were typically on the earlier models. Now, one thing to watch that the grizz 660 has been doing since it's introduction in 2002 is bioling gas. On hot days, and when you've been doing a lot of slow riding the engine will get so hot on the gas tank that the gas will biol. Other issue is they are religously known for burning oil after about 1000 miles. They will run forever, just keep a check on the oil level.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

well, i went and did it. I got a green 06 grizzly 660. Have not rode it yet, just parked her in the garage tonight. Best deal i could find was 7100 OTD with the winch. Sacramento sucks, either no one had them in stock or they wouldn't deal. I hope this bike is as good as i have heard. Can't wait to get past break in. Any thing i should know about this bike? thanks everyone for your help. >>>>>>>>>>

Where in Sac did you get your Grizz? I've found Eatbay Motorsports in Hayward to have some of the most competitive prices in No. Calif.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

You know i got the dealer invoice off the net and it shows that once delivered and set up, the dealer has $5571 into the outlander 400. Then they have the nerve to quote me $7200. T>>>>>>

Where did you get this quote? Sac. only has a few BRP dealers, I'd stay AWAY from Anytime Powersports on Auburn Blvd.....There is West Coast ATV in Elk Grove or your best price option would be Eastbay Motorstports in Hayward.

Old 05-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: raidermike67
You know i got the dealer invoice off the net and it shows that once delivered and set up, the dealer has $5571 into the outlander 400. Then they have the nerve to quote me $7200. T>>>>>>

Where did you get this quote? Sac. only has a few BRP dealers, I'd stay AWAY from Anytime Powersports on Auburn Blvd.....There is West Coast ATV in Elk Grove or your best price option would be Eastbay Motorstports in Hayward.
It was anytime that gave me that crazy quote. How have you all out there mounted the winch and wireing on your grizzly's?

Quick Reply: Help me choose a 500cc utility