Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Why dont they make more 4x4 sport quads?? there awsome. its the next breed.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why dont they make more 4x4 sport quads?? there awsome. its the next breed.

Actually, thats the best part of these ute's. When the trail runs out, you can keep going!!! Just throw on a set of gorrilla axles, some performance mods, and jump your heart out!! Or take a look at the Renegade!!

Old 06-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Why dont they make more 4x4 sport quads?? there awsome. its the next breed.

Originally posted by: v2rider
Originally posted by: reconranger
v2rider-You shouldn't even be in this discussion, because you obviously don't understand what it is about!
Youll have to accept the fact that im going to keep reading this discussion.
thats my kinda awnser! keep readin even if your wrong LMAO

Fred

Old 06-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Toyeboy
440EX026
Yes you are right about these big utes seeming to not need any skill to drive. I've found myself on my KQ 700 hitting a few jumps because I forget that I'm driving a 600lb+ machine that is meant for all 4 wheels to stay on the ground. It's so easy/comfortable to hopp on my KQ and just simply shift into gear and press the throttle...so then after a while that gets boring just guning the throttle so then people with utes start taking risks like hitting jumps and going even faster...untill finally they get a big wake up call when the trail suddenly ends and you try to stop all the weight and you loose control.
I'm actually trying to sell my KQ right now partly b/c I need the money, but mainly because I want something lighter that needs more skills to drive to keep me occupied such as a true sport quad or a dirtbike....I'm getting tired of these utilities.
i have the same problem.... i get bored with utility quad....

Old 06-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Baja 500: A stripped down Can-Am 800 finished last, behind a field of Honda 450R's.

If anybody needs proof that THERE IS A REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT, this is it! It's all about the weight/power ratio, not just raw horsepower! (The little Honda makes 120 horsepower per liter, by the way!)

Seems to me, that this stripped down Outlander, is pretty close to what the Renegade is going to end up being (????).

Old 06-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Toyeboy
440EX026
Yes you are right about these big utes seeming to not need any skill to drive. I've found myself on my KQ 700 hitting a few jumps because I forget that I'm driving a 600lb+ machine that is meant for all 4 wheels to stay on the ground. It's so easy/comfortable to hopp on my KQ and just simply shift into gear and press the throttle...so then after a while that gets boring just guning the throttle so then people with utes start taking risks like hitting jumps and going even faster...untill finally they get a big wake up call when the trail suddenly ends and you try to stop all the weight and you loose control.
I'm actually trying to sell my KQ right now partly b/c I need the money, but mainly because I want something lighter that needs more skills to drive to keep me occupied such as a true sport quad or a dirtbike....I'm getting tired of these utilities.
Well said, and I understand how much a wake up call it can be when your reminded just how heavy some of these machines are, but honestly when you do get in over your head you still dont want a lightweight sport atv (say 400lbs) flipping onto your head either.

Still by the design, and lower weight you should be able to avoid the issue better except for the more or most unusual attempts at impressing the ladies [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Also as much as trail blazing is a blast its also something that causes us all lots of heat from all all the "anti's" who are trying to make our sport illegal etc. I know I am not the only one with mixed opinion on this, but its really hard to encourage something that may potentially fuel those against us in shutting us down etc.

There are still plenty of places and terrain where a good 4x4 would be a benefit, but its just that there still isnt any real advantage to the heavyweights out there over the desired sport 4x4.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider

IMO any quad is a good quad, just buy the one you want have fun and dont sit at your computer and argue about what one is best in "your opinion....."

Fred[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Red Rider

Ah come on, a little mental masturbation never hurts!

I know plenty of folks who bought some quad without much thought, and sold it quick, because they didn't realize what they were buying. For those who don't know much about the different machines, the whole idea of a forum is so they can learn from the mistakes of those who have gone before. And, with threads like this, we hope the manufacturers are out there listening.

So 4wheelerfred, you couldn't be more wrong!

Old 06-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I chose the heaviest quad on purpose, and hope they keep making them!!! (Also for you, i hope they make lighter sport 4x4)

Old 06-07-2006, 12:35 AM
Red Rider

And I chose the lightest quad on purpose!

Have you considered the possibility that you don't know what you are missing????