Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Now the guy at the dealership is telling me that dirtbikes are safer for my family than quads?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Now the guy at the dealership is telling me that dirtbikes are safer for my family than quads?

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: Raptorlegs

Oh, and I can't think of anywhere but mud or sand where I'd take an atv over a dirtbike. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I am getting to where I agree on sand, but mud?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Thats my favorite time to ride a dirt bike!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Not in Ohio, the clay is like ice.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now the guy at the dealership is telling me that dirtbikes are safer for my family than quads?

As far as riding over rough and/or steep terrain, bikes are much safer. I've taken so many hills on my CR250R at speed that would've killed me on a quad. And like has been said, the bike leaves you when you tumble, the (heavy) quad follows you!

As far as being excessively fast and making you want to do dangerous jumps, the bikes are much more dangerous however!

Old 06-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Rough terrain would make me think a quad is more stable. But i think its a matter of preference also.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer

safest sport in the world is walking.

everything else has accidents it seems [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2006, 08:05 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: motox26

Not in Ohio, the clay is like ice.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
A good rider could do it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] They hold a national enduro in Ohio, or at least they used to. And it was in the rainy season. If I remember right Terry Cunningham was from Ohio and would spank everyone in that race.

I looked on google and they held a National Enduro in Southern Ohio last Sunday. Only 15 riders finished! Mike Lafferty won. He was on a KTM. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2006, 08:17 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good rider could do it.
Ooooh! B-u-u-u-R-N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the words of a great American icon.........Ding!.........Ding! lol! j/p! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

lol let the fight begin

Old 06-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

A good rider could do it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] They hold a national enduro in Ohio, or at least they used to. And it was in the rainy season. If I remember right Terry Cunningham was from Ohio and would spank everyone in that race.

I looked on google and they held a National Enduro in Southern Ohio last Sunday. Only 15 riders finished! Mike Lafferty won. He was on a KTM. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Check and see where Terry Cunnigham grew up in Ohio. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

So, could clay be used in a cooler?

Old 06-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

yea i agree with these guys dirtbikes are much easier to fall on but people on quads tend to overdoo it because they dont feel like they are gonna flip.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: v2rider
Rough terrain would make me think a quad is more stable. But i think its a matter of preference also.
Oh good god no! That is one thing I don't think is preferance, on the rough terrain a bike is the way to go. At least if your going at it with any speed.

Quick Reply: Now the guy at the dealership is telling me that dirtbikes are safer for my family than quads?